Friday, August 26, 2016

Back to blogging

For a while now I have wanted to start blogging again - so here I am dipping my toes back in the water.

As Annabelle gets older I am starting to find a little more time to get back to stitching.  At the moment I am working on Merry Christmas, My Deer from Country Cottage Needleworks.  I was lucky enough to win a very generous gift voucher on Sharon's blog back in May and this is one of the designs I purchased with it.













A few days ago I saw the hashtag #nationalparksal on Instagram, which picqued my interest.  A quick search and I found a sneak peek of the National Parks Birthday Club from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery, and immediately knew that I was going to sign up.   The first part was released today.  I have the majority of threads required, but still need to decide on the fabric.  Annabelle has already claimed it as her own.  "What is it Mummy?" she asked.  I told her it was a cross stitch chart and she said "Thank you... thank you".  





















Annabelle turned 3 in July.  Definitely the fastest three years of my life! She's now going to kindy a few days a week.  The kindy has a farmyard theme, so she even gets to ride the pony and feed the chickens.  Such fun for her.  Three is such a fantastic age, and I love the funny and sweet things she comes out with.  Every time I pick her up from kindy she says "I love to see you Mummy".  I never tire of hearing that.  I always enjoy it when she brings home her creations too - this one last week was quite different than the usual paintings.  A 3D tree!





















The weekend is finally here.  Hope you have a stitchy one!

11 comments:

Vickie said...

So good to see a post by you Rowyn. My favorite part of this post was the recent picture of Annabelle. Wow! Time flies!!

Margaret said...

Good to see you back. Your little girl has certainly grown up!

Von said...

Nice to see your post today, Rowyn! The time sure gets away from us. :)

Barb said...

Great to see you back Rowyn! What a cutie Annabelle has become!

Brigitte said...

It's so nice to see you back to blogging. What a lovely picture of Annabelle. I can't believe that she is already three years old. Such a wonderful age. And good to see that you find time for your stitching again.

Linens and Royals said...

Great picture of Annabelle and her 3D tree. Welcome back to blogging and stitching.

Katrina said...

Lovely to see a post from you Rowyn :) I have recently kitted the CCN chart too, hope to start it soon! Your little girl has grown so fast, her Kindy sounds just wonderful. Have a good week!

Neilteil said...

Welcome back :) I just jumped back in last week. Haha. Can't wait to see more posts.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love that sweet CCN design...OH NO you showed me something I hadn't seen before...
:)

Carol said...

How nice to see your new post, Rowyn! Lovely stitching--so cute on the polka dot linen...

I can hardly believe how quickly your sweet Annabelle has grown--what a darling little girl! Enjoy your spring weather--hope it is warming up quickly :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely to see a post from you Rowyn. Wow, Annabelle is so grown up and such a bonnie girl.