Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Bloggy update

Hi everyone

It might seem like I have abandoned the blog ship, but I haven't been a very productive stitcher in recent times so don't feel there's much to share on a regular basis.  I still stitch when I get time and I haven't given up blogging, it's just a little slow on those two fronts right now.

I do have some stitchy news to share though.  I recently purchased three antique samplers which I am going to reproduce (under the name Bluebelle Samplings).  I was hoping to have the first one released this month, but then we put our house on the market and we are moving in two days time!






Here is Margaret Jagger 1824 which will be the first release.  I really love the colours in this one and thought it would also appeal to other stitchers.  It is wearing thin in places so I would like to get it framed in the very near future. The other two I purchased are already framed, and I will share those in future posts.



Of course, I only planned to buy one sampler and get it charted, stitched and released - but then I couldn't stop looking and over the course of a few weeks bought two more.  A very dangerous hobby!

Annabelle is doing great and growing like a weed!  Can you believe she will be two years old next month?  (I certainly can't!)  She's at a really fun age and knows lots of words and their meanings.  She loves animals, books, bubbles, a TV show called Baby Jake (she'll say "mote" and plonk the remote in my lap and then say "Jake") and scribbling on paper.  She had started grunting at us when she wanted something, but we taught her to say please so now we get "peas... peas... peas" all day!  :-)



As mentioned earlier, we are moving house in two days time.  I'm a little sad because I love our little corner of the world.  It is on the outskirts of town, surrounded by bush and birds (I love seeing the hawks glide over the wee gully below us, low flying Tuis and wood pigeons wooshing over our heads and the little fantails flitting around the backyard), is relatively quiet, has lots of memories attached and is and has always been 'home' from the time we moved in. However, our house has also seemed very small since Annabelle came along.  So where we are moving too is far more spacious (for everyday living and for when we have guests), more modern and it has a huge park across the road which also leads to a nice stretch of river where we'll be able to go for long walks.  Hopefully we'll settle quickly and enjoy living there as much as we have in our current home.

Here's our little house that we are leaving behind (the one and only time it has snowed in my lifetime).














Thanks to the lovely and talented Lee for the blog award back in April.  As I have taken so long to do it I won't nominate anyone else (you've probably already been there and done that), but here are 7 facts you may or may not know about me

1. I met my husband online in 1999!  He lived in Northern Ireland, and I was here in New Zealand.  We eventually met up on his birthday in 2001 when I travelled to the other side of the world to meet him (the thought of it fills me with dread now, I'm lucky it all turned out OK!)

2. My two sisters and I all had (separate) car accidents within the space of a year.  None of us had ever had one before.  I had bad dreams about crashing into the back of someone for months after my incident.  Funny now (the dreams), but not at the time

3. When Annabelle was five days old we were hit by a series of large earthquakes.  The first few didn't scare me, but they continued to rattle us for months and I am jumpy about them now

4. I have worked at the same firm for all of my adult working life.  They currently allow me to work from home while I look after Annabelle growing up.  I am very grateful for that!

5. I would one day love to walk the Tongariro Crossing and the Milford Track.  Two of New Zealand's great walks

6. I currently have two cats (Meg and Petal) and two rabbits (Milly and Cola).  Milly my bunny is sadly losing her sight due to cataracts

7. I've had this blog for 10 years!!

Well, this is probably the longest post on my blog in that 10 years, so I will finish up here and hope to be back in the not too distant future.

Happy stitching!

7 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely sampler Rowyn, I look forward to seeing your reproduction release. I like your choice of name.
Annabelle is looking so grown up these days, time races on so quickly.
Good luck with the move, you'll make your house your home in no time - I hope the pets settle in too - cats can be tricky when it comes to change.
Great to read some things about you that I didn't know - imagine travelling all the way to Northern Ireland, exciting stuff!
You'll have to give me your new address when you get a chance.

Vickie said...

Oh what wonderful changes Rowyn!
Annabelle is still such a pretty, little thing.

Melissa said...

It's so lovely to see your post, Rowyn, and of course little Annabelle who, as you say is growing like a weed! At least she is a lovely weed at that!

Wow, you are starting Bluebell Samplings! That's so wonderful! I wish you all the success and look forward to your releases.

It was interesting to learn those facts about you. You were very brave to venture so far to meet your guy! He is very lucky indeed!

Barb said...

I was very happy to see your post. I know just how you feel. Every time I leave a house(move that is) I feel a bit sad even when I want to make the move. Annabelle is adorable. She is so near the age of our Hannah. Hannah was 2 on June 6. Love the sampler. It was fun reading all the things about your life!

Carol said...

How darling is Miss Annabelle :) I can hardly believe she is two already, Rowyn!! I love the fact that you met your husband online--how wonderful that it worked out so well!

Best of luck with the new business venture--sounds like a lot of work, but a lot of fun doing something you have a passion for.

Hope the move goes smoothly...

Brigitte said...

So great to see a new post from you. And a new picture of Annabelle who is such sweet little girl. I have always loved seeing her grow on your pictures.
This sampler that you bought is looking gorgeous. Now I'm very curious to see the other two as well.
I hope you had a good move!

Hazel said...

Great idea to reproduce samplers. I wish you all the best in that venture. X