Thursday, September 18, 2014

An update

Hi all

Although my blog posts are a bit sparse these days, I'm still about reading your blogs. I haven't had much stitching time of late but Frosty Forest is getting closer to being finished. I only just received the final part in the mail today, so hopefully in a few weeks I might have it all stitched up (and ironed!).



Of course, Annabelle is part of what is keeping me very busy. She's 14 months old, has two teeth, can crawl at lightening speed and pull herself up onto her feet. She's such a happy little thing most of the time.



I am currently enjoying my favourite season - spring! A tree in our backyard puts on a wonderful display of blossoms every year. It was only about two weeks ago that it looked completely bare, then all of a sudden it is laden with buds and it seems everytime I look out the window there are more flowers opening up. The display only lasts about 3 weeks.



Whenever I am outside I always get company of some kind. The day I took this picture Meg was showing off for the camera. She may be getting old (10 1/2 years) but she still likes to act like a young thing. It is hard to believe that it was this time last year that her brother Giggsy died. We still miss him, he was such a character.



A few weeks ago we headed up to New Plymouth to visit family. We went to a lovely winery for lunch one of the days - from one side of the winery we got this beautiful view of Mt Taranaki.



And from the other side a view of the ocean and the vineyard. The photos don't really do the amazing location justice.



Although I haven't done much stitching lately, my clicky finger has still found time to order some stash - including my niece's annual Christmas ornament.

Also, I see that Carol (iStitch) is planning another Christmas Sew Advent SAL this year. I really enjoyed last year, so will be keeping my eyes peeled for sign up info.

Happy stitching!

13 comments:

Marlene Jones said...

Love your stitching, and photo's, lucky you having your spring, summer is on the wane here.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Annabelle is such a cutie, she's growing so quickly. The photos of your country always impress me Rowyn, it's so beautiful. Meg looks very comical, cats do have a way with them.

Vickie said...

Such pretty pictures. Annabelle is so precious. :)
And I adore Meg's speckled feet.

Terri said...

What a beautiful little girl! And I love your pictures and your kitty!

Melissa said...

Such lovely photos! Spring is my favourite season too and although it's the opposite here it's always nice to see Spring in the other part of the globe!

Annabelle is looking adorable. That dress is so cute on her.

Almost done with Frosty Forest - good for you!

Carol said...

It's so nice to see a new photo of Annabelle, Rowyn--what a little cherub! And your stitching and photos are so lovely. Mt. Taranaki is breathtaking!

valerie said...

Love seeing your Frosty Friends project. It looks fantastic! And Annabelle is so cute. Hard to believe she is 14 months already! Meg is such a character. I love that goofy pose of hers.

Barb said...

What a great post. Annabelle is just beautiful!! Frosty Forest looks wonderful and a very Happy Spring to you!

Chris said...

Happy Spring Rowyn!
Thanks for sharing the lovely pics. Your stitching and Annabelle are beautiful.

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching. Not much more now! Can't quite believe she is 14 months ... time flies. Gorgeous photos of Mt.Taranaki and the surrounding area. Just stunning.

blue star stitcher said...

Frosty forest is coming along nicely, only one more square to go! Anabelle is just adorable. Don't you wish they could just stay little!

Karoline said...

Frosty forest is looking lovely. Miss Annabelle is a real cutie

Sally said...

Frosty Forest is looking fantastic Rowyn.

I can't believe Annabelle is 14 months old. She is so sweet.

Love your kitty. She doesn't look 10 1/2.

Beautiful photos.