Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sunshine, seaside & snow

After I posted the other day about having no stitching to share I remembered that I had finished my All Our Yesterdays By the Seaside piece a few weeks ago. I have some stripey fabric (to make the mini bunting) and a white frame which might finish it off nicely. Now just to find some time to actually do that!



It's very cold here today. I poked my head out the door before and can see why. I know it's nothing compared to what some of you get (such as a polar vortex), so I'm not complaining. But I am definitely saying, roll on summertime! :-)



Our climate is generally very mild. A few weeks ago we took a walk out at the coast at a place called Makara (where there is a wind farm, some historic World War II bunkers and fantastic views). It was lovely and warm in the sun (a little cool in the shade though) and not like winter at all.



We even let Annabelle have a roll around on a blanket. She ignored the beautiful seascape and spent all her time picking the grass. I guess that's more exciting when you're only one!



I have had to turn comment moderation on, as I'm getting quite a lot of spam at the moment. Thank you to those who leave genuine comments though, it's always great to hear from you.

17 comments:

Barb said...

What a cute picture and a lovely finish!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

A neat little design. I wish our climate was more like yours:-)

Denise said...

Such a cute piece and great finish!
Happy Stitching!

Denise

Vickie said...

Oh what precious stitching. Lovely pictures.

Deanne J said...

Such a cute finish, I love the All our Yesterdays designs.

Carol said...

I love your finish, Rowyn--such a sweet little scene! And, as always, wonderful photos of your beautiful country!

paulainauckland said...

Annabelle is gorgeous! Congrats - a very late congrats :)

New work has some white or black frames that are really deep, great for DIY framing even with beads - the UR1 Life range http://www.briscoes.co.nz/decorating-and-accessories/frames/single/1054929/UR1-Life-Photo-Frame-White-8x10-with-5x7-Matt.html

Marlene Jones said...

I love all our yesterdays, nice finish. How quick the year has pasted and Annabelle looks all grown up. Lovely photo's.

Angela P said...

Lovely stitching finish. Lovely pictures :)

Andrea said...

A lovely finish.

mainelystitching said...

I miss the picking-the-grass stage!

mainelystitching said...

I miss the picking-the-grass stage!

Brigitte said...

What a lovely finish this is. And your pictures of the scenery are gorgeous. Snow is something that I wouldn't expect to see on your blog, lol.

Sally said...

Love your seaside finish. So sweet.

Aww bless Annabelle! She looks like she's having great fun!

Karoline said...

Cute finish and lovely photos

Tammy said...

That is such a cute seaside piece! Reminds me of me and my sister years ago! Lovely. NZ has to be one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I have a friend who lives there and every photo, no matter how mundane, is just gorgeous. I envy those views!

Donna said...

What a beautiful day you had. Your daughter is adorable. I still love to lay on a blanket and look into the grass.