Friday, June 13, 2014

Busy busy

Hi everyone

I finished up Part 6 of Frosty Forest the other week, and Part 7 arrived a few days ago. It's hard to believe that there are only two more parts to go after this. Please excuse the wrinkles.



I recently joined our local library, and borrowed an All Our Yesterdays book from the craft section. It reignited an old love of these designs. So I started a sweet design called 'By the Sea'. I have lots of AOY patterns in my stash, so there might be a few more in the future.



Here's my progress on Blackbird Designs Her Sampler. I think that will be it for new starts for a while. I really should get some WIPs finished up. I cleaned out my craft drawers the other day, and there were a few more there than I realised. How old is your oldest WIP? Do you have lots? Have you ever given up on a WIP, and if so what did you do with it? I'd be interested in hearing your answers.



The same day Part 7 of Frosty Forest arrived, this Lizzie Kate chart popped through the letterbox. I loved this little design when I first saw it, so when an ONS was having a sale recently I knew exactly what I was going to order. (Annabelle was only 7 days old in this photo).



Here's my little cherub a few days ago. Next month she'll be turning one. That saying about babies not keeping, is so very true. I love that she is growing up, having fun, exploring new things... but I do miss those newborn snuggly days where she'd fall asleep on me and I could hold her close without having my hair pulled, a finger in my mouth or an accidental poke in the eye. lol :)



I got some amazing news a few weeks back. My employer is allowing me to work part-time and from home on a permanent basis. Wow! My boss told me to submit my dream return to work option, so I did and the firm agreed. I am soooo happy that I get to be a Mum to my baby and can continue to work for my employer. The thought of having to relinquish some of my responsibility for Annabelle (i.e. putting her in the care of someone else) had been distressing me and giving me restless nights for many, many months. I have worked for my employer since I left school, and they have always been very generous and great people to work for. I'm feeling incredibly lucky right now!

I hope you have lots of stitching lined up for your weekend!

17 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

That's great news Rowyn, it's good to find time to work and keep up with skills but leaving a little one isn't an easy option. You've got the ideal solution. Annabelle is looking so grown up these days, little ones change so quickly, I'm sure she keeps you on your toes.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

PS
I don't even want to think about WIPs - I'm so ashamed of how many things I've started over the years and not finished. I usually bin them eventually or they haunt me.

Melody said...

You are so lucky to have such a good employer. Your stitching is gorgeous.

Deb said...

How wonderful to have such a great employer who is able to accomodate you in this way Rowyn. They are hard to find these days. Your Frosty Forest stitcheries are looking brilliant, I love seeing their progress. I am a lover of the "All of our Yesterdays" patterns also. I have two in our lounge which I did, one of the wee boy and girl posting a letter in the big old english postbox and the other of the English bobbie helping two children on the pier.

Vickie said...

I am so very, very glad you got your dream return to work option!! You won't regret it one minute.

Melissa said...

Rowyn, I am so pleased for you that you can return to work p/t permanently! I have always said that's a dream option for me too! Yes babies do grow quickly and change so rapidly in the early years!

Love your stitching. My oldest WIP? I think I have now 3 only. The oldest is maybe 2 years old. As you can tell I don't like to have too many things on the go!

Have a great weekend!

valerie said...

Congrats on the job Situation Rowyn! It's great that you can work from home and care for Annabelle at the same time. Love how your Frosty Forest is coming along! Love your new starts too! my oldest WIP is a while in the making. A stocking that I am not sure if I will ever finish or for who since I did a SB one for myself after. Then the next oldest is Mary Wigham which is maybe 4 years old now? Time sure does fly...

Barb said...

First, I am so happy for you. It is the best thing for a Mom to be with her little one. She just keeps getting cuter. I love all the Frosty Forest designs. It will be so nice having it all finished before next winter!Oh, I forgot your winter is coming right up! Dah! Good luck on all the WIPS.

Carol said...

How wonderful that you'll be able to work part-time from home, Rowyn!! I have worked part-time at the library since my youngest was age six and it is a perfect blend for me :) I'm so glad this worked out for you--how could you bear to leave that little cutie-pie, anyway!?

Lovely stitching--so glad you found that pretty All Our Yesterdays book at the library! And I'm even happier that you've joined the library--Annabelle will love their story hours when she's a bit older :)

Von said...

I'm thrilled you have such a wonderful employer to give you this opportunity to work from home!

As far as wips go, I have a lot, but can't think of one that I don't intend to get back to - except for one smocked dress I started. It got set aside and I don't remember what pattern I was using. Oh well, lol!

Von said...

I'm thrilled you have such a wonderful employer to give you this opportunity to work from home!

As far as wips go, I have a lot, but can't think of one that I don't intend to get back to - except for one smocked dress I started. It got set aside and I don't remember what pattern I was using. Oh well, lol!

Karoline said...

Great news on the job front! Your wips are looking lovely. Unfortunately I know exactly where all my wips are and I am trying to get all my class wips finished before they turn 10 years old :/

Andrea said...

You certainly have an employer who values your work.

Your WIPS are wonderful.

Jenny said...

Wow, that is wonderful news about your employment - what a great boss! You will have the best of both worlds, being able to work from home. As for WIPs, I have more than I care to admit tucked away in drawers. One or two are probably about 15 years old! Perhaps one day, when I teach my daughters to stitch, they can be starter projects for them :o)

Brigitte said...

Frosty Forest is coming along great. And such a lovely new start, AOY have such sweet designs.

My oldest WIP is Village ABC that I started in the 1990s and stopped stitching on it when I realized that I had cut my fabric too short. But meanwhile I found a solution to the problem and will unearth it soon in order to continue stitching on it. And then I have a project that I abandonned completely, it's one of the Chateleine Gardens which I started when there was that hype about them. But soon I lost interest in it. I pulled it out again quite a while ago but then I saw that I have lost some of the pages of the pattern. Needless to say that I will never finish that one.

Your little darling has grown a lot. She's such a sweetie. So good for you that you can work part time for your old boss now.

Jeanne said...

Love your projects! I just started block 5 of Frosty Forest, but I also am adding a border and got it halfdone. Love this series. I have some pretty old WIPS but not sure how old as I didn't mark down when I started them. I know for sure that some are probably 6-8 yrs old unfortunately - darn! Wish I had more time......

Lillie said...

Congrats on your employment. Annabelle is so adorable. It's so true, baby grew too fast, enjoy every moment of it.

Beautiful stitching and all looks great.