Friday, January 03, 2014

TUSAL (Totally Useless Stitchalong)

Hi everyone

I've decided to join in with Sharon's (Daffycat) TUSAL. Check out her post here and all the ins and outs of the 2014 TUSAL here.

So here are my first lot of ORTs (from the Forget Me Not Sampler). I will have to battle hard with myself not to clean them up and leave them sitting around until the next TUSAL.



I am using a crystal bowl which belonged to my Great Grandmother. It must have found its way out to New Zealand (from England) with my Grandmother when my Grandparents and Dad emigrated here in 1950.

In other news, my bunny Cola might be getting a friend tomorrow. We are taking him to the local shelter to meet a girl bunny called Lali (to see if they might get on). Long time readers might recall that Cola was adopted as a friend for my bunny Tiggy. They were very fond of one another. Unfortunately, Tiggy passed away about a year later. We then adopted Charlie as a friend for Cola. That lasted about a year too, but then there was a bit of a dust up - so Charlie now lives with my Mum. Since then we have been hanging out for a friend for Cola (I'll only adopt rescue bunnies) and Lali might just be the one. Fingers crossed! I'll be back with a photo if it all works out.

Hope your new year is off to a great start!

11 comments:

Babs said...

Great heirloom. Your lucky to have it. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

Barb said...

A lovely sampler and good luck with the bunnies! Such a pretty dish. I had an antique for my orts but the DH was dusting and broke it! I wish yours much better luck!

Zeb said...

That sampler is stunning, which one is it? And the jar is lovely :)

kiwirachfindinghome said...

what a beautiful crystal jar, and the sampler is gorgeous.

Vickie said...

Gorgeous crystal from your grandmother. Lovely sampler. Sure hope she works out!

butterfly said...

Lovely crystal, from your GGM how lovely .
Hope you get your friend for Cola.

Catherine said...

Beautiful jar, lovely stitches and best wishes for a bunny buddy!

Brigitte said...

That crystal bowl with its history is a great choice for your orts. At the end of the year the orts will tell their own history, lol.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Old crystal pieces are so special. I hope bunny works out okay.

Andrea said...

Your sampler is lovely and a very pretty ORT jar.

Kristen said...

Yay for adopting shelter pets!

Your stitching is lovely. :)