Thursday, December 19, 2013

More progress

My lovely daughter has decided to have a mammoth afternoon nap (that is what I thought motherhood would be about, filling in time with hobbies and things while the baby napped. Boy did I get a reality check when Annabelle came long. LOL), so I am using it to catch up blogging about the rest of my stitching progress.

Here is Giggsy's memorial sampler (Giggsy was our cat who passed away in September). It has a frog in it (the word Joy is a row or two out). I didn't think it was too noticeable until I photographed it - so out it will come and be restitched.



I have the Forget Me Not Sampler by With Thy Needle and Thread on the go too. Such a pretty stitch.



Really disappointed this year that I couldn't find ornaments I was enthusiastic about to stitch for my niece Phoebe and Annabelle. So it is an Old World Santa by Prairie Schooler for my niece Phoebe's Christmas ornament and my Sew Advent piece is going to be personalised to recognise Annabelle's first Christmas.



The other Christmas piece I stitched recently is Stella by Luli, which I found by way of Pinterest. You can find the freebie here. As I was finding the link to share I realised why I was not that enthused with it when I had finished, the photo on the website doesn't match the colours called for in the chart (the deer is stitched in cream on the website, but the chart calls for 3787 which is the browny colour). Too much haste and not enough thinking on my part!



Well, that's me all caught up with two months of stitching progress. If Annabelle decides to take a good nap again tomorrow, I might be back with some photos of our recent trip away up north (as I know many of you enjoy some New Zealand scenery photos).

Happy stitching!

10 comments:

Chris said...

I love the sampler that you did for Giggsy. Your other projects are lovely too.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Carol said...

Yes, your life truly changes with a little one in the house, Rowyn. I well remember taking full advantage of my son's naps to do some stitching :) Your Giggsy memorial piece is perfect and your Christmas stitching looks great!

What a special Christmas you'll have with your sweet baby girl--enjoy each moment!

Vickie said...

Well you obviously got some stitching time in somewhere. Good for you! Giggsy Memorial Sampler is wonderful.

Anne said...

Such a wonderful change though to have a child in your life :D I love the Giggsy memorial and I think the word Joy is fine! Sweet little ornaments too! Merry Christmas to you and your daughter!

Barb said...

Your Giggsy piece is a lovely tribute to a beloved pet! I do love the PS Santa too. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your sweet little girl!

Annette-California said...

Giggsy sampler is beautiful. All your stitching projects are so pretty. Oh yes having your baby girl will be the best Christmas ever yet:) Merry Christmas, love Annette

Andrea said...

Beautiful stitching. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching , hope you get to find time to relax this week hugs.

Catherine said...

Ah yes, I do miss the nap days....I too thought I would accomplish a lot during naps, but more times than not, I napped too! Enjoy your time and have a Merry Christmas!

Karoline said...

Your memorial sampler is lovely, congratulations

I will have the Forget me Not sampler waiting for me under the tree, yours is looking gorgeous