Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pumpkin

I have been thinking of Cathey (aka Pumpkin) and her loved ones a lot this week. I was genuinely saddened to learn of her passing. We shared a few emails back and forwards over the years (about breast cancer and more recently our babies). She was funny and sweet. I, like many others, will miss her presence in blogland but will not forget her.

I was browsing through Pinterest over the weekend, and came across this pumpkin freebie. It seemed very apt to stitch in memory of Cathey. I will finish it as a fob. You can find the chart here



Giggsy's memorial sampler has grown a little. I manage an hour or two most evenings once Annabelle has gone to sleep. Usually she falls asleep around 7pm and she can often sleep for 10 or 11 hours. Such a change from when she first came home - where we had to wake her up every 3 hours to feed her in order for her to gain weight.



As mentioned in my last post I was delighted to win one of Melissa's blogaversary giveaways, and even more delighted when DH came walking in with it yesterday. That was very speedy! Thank you again Melissa. :-)



I'll finish up with a photo of Annabelle, who is now 3 months old. Time flies!



Happy stitching!




13 comments:

Melissa said...

What a sweet little doll Annabelle is!

That's a lovely pumpkin to remember Cathey by and I like how your Giggsy memorial sampler is coming along!

Looking forward to seeing your Midnight Ride finish!

stitcheranon said...

It is so sad thats for sure. A lovely tribute, perfect.

butterfly said...

Lovely pumpkin for Cathey.
Love your little one so cute.
Great win. and fab stitching

Chris said...

I have ben thinking about Cathey and her family a lot too.
I am so sorry about the loss of Gigsy too.
Your stitching is wonderful.
Hugs!

Carol said...

Such a cute pumpkin piece to remember Cathey by, Rowyn... Love your Giggsy memorial and your win from Melissa, but most of all I love the photo of your sweet Annabelle--what a perfect little face :)

Vickie said...

Oh my! How Annabelle is growing!
Perfect remembrance of Cathey.♥

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Annabelle is such a bonnie baby, what a lovely photo of her sleeping.

valerie said...

Annabelle is such a pretty baby! I think your pumpkin piece is a great way to remember Cathey. And your progress on Giggsy's memorial sampler is really coming along.

Katie said...

A beautiful tribute

Barb said...

What a nice memorial. I didn't follow her blog but I know she must have been very special because of all the wonderful things you all have said. Your baby is beautiful!

Andrea said...

A lovely freebie. Not seen this one before. Congratulations on your winning prize. Annabelle is so lovely.

Catherine said...

What a sweet little one!! Your piece in honor of Cathey is perfect ~ and the colors in your memorial sampler are fantastic! Congrats on the win ~

Dawn said...

Beautiful picture, she looks like an angel.