Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Meg & Giggsy

Thanks for all the comments you left on my last post. I am still very sad about the loss of Giggsy two weeks on, so your kind thoughts are much appreciated.

For a long time I have liked Pineberry Lane's Beloved Companion Memorial sampler. I knew I would stitch it one day for one of my kitty crew, but I seriously didn't think it would be anytime soon.

I managed to get a bit of time on it today while the baby was napping, and along came Meg (Giggsy's sister) and rubbed her head all over Giggsy's sampler. :-) I didn't mind a bit since it was for her brother.

Anyway, here is where I am at -



Annabelle is doing great. She has been smiling lots lately, and on Sunday she smiled at me without me having to prompt her. That was a great moment! She has been away on her first holiday (to New Plymouth to see family) and has grown 5 centimetres in 3 weeks. Yikes! My sister crocheted Annabelle the gorgeous 1920s style hat in this photo (my sister has only taught herself to crochet and managed to produce this!).



I received an email from Melissa at Words and Blooms today to let me know that I had won one of her blogaversary giveaways. Thank you Melissa. It really made my day. If you haven't discovered her blog already, there is lots of sampler and kitty eye candy so go check it out!

11 comments:

Annette-California said...

Annabelle looks like an angel! She's beautiful and love the hat your sister make for her. Your sister did great job on the hat and the pretty flower. Lovely stitching on your new sampler for Giggsy. love Annette

Deb said...

OMG Annabelle is the most adorable wee poppet Rowyn. She would have me smiling all day just watching her.
What a lovely idea to stitch a sampler for Giggsy, so sweet.
Your sister did a fantastic job on Annabelle's wee hat, so sweet, what a fabulous gift.

butterfly said...

Your baby is so beautiful , love her little hat so cute.
Love the sampler for Giggsy her brother must know this is for her, bless.

Vickie said...

Oh how wonderful the sampler will be for Giggsy.
Annabelle is just beautiful!

Carol said...

Oh, oh, oh--Annabelle is just precious, Rowyn! I'll bet it is hard to take your eyes off her in order to get any stitching done :) The hat your sister made is adorable. I'll bet Phoebe is absolutely mad for the new baby, isn't she?

Lovely new sampler in honor of your sweet kitty...

Melissa said...

Annabelle is just gorgeous - looking at her just made me smile. Such a sweet pea!

I like the piece you are stitching for Giggsy.

I will send you an email when I have mailed your winnings this week.

Take care!

Barb said...

Your little girl is so very pretty. The little pink hat is perfect!

Karoline said...

Lovely sampler & Annabelle is very cute in her hat

Cheryl said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!

Catherine said...

Annabelle is absolutely beautiful!! Love that little hat!
Sweet stitches for a sweet remembrance....and congrats on your win!

Sharon said...

Annabelle is growing! Such an adorable hat. Aww, sweet Meg is as beautiful as her brother. Lovely idea for memorial sampler.