Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Playing catch up

It is definitely harder to find time to do small things these days, but today I have managed to give my cross stitches a quick once over with the iron so I can share them here.

First up is Sailing Mice by Margaret Sherry. I have long loved these little mice and having a baby seemed like the perfect excuse to stitch them. This design is destined for the wall of Annabelle's room. I had been going to frame it while I was on leave awaiting her arrival, but as mentioned in my last post she turned out to be an early bird (just like her Mum and Dad - DH and I are always early for everything - even when we try not to be, lol).



I also finished up LHN's Old Nantucket a while back. I love the colours in this one and the fabric (WDW Cocoa). This was such a pleasurable stitch (you can tell I enjoyed it, because I don't often finish large designs within a year!).



I was making some great progress on my Scarlet Letter piece - Freelove Hazard. That's come to a bit of a halt, but I hope to get back to it soon.



Annabelle has been inundated with love, kindness and gifts from all around the world in the five and a half weeks since she arrived. Last week a squishy package turned up in the letterbox all the way from Cornwall! The lovely and generous Nicola sent Annabelle this beautiful jersey and a card featuring Poppy and Blue! :-) I can't wait until Annabelle is big enough to fit it. Thank you again Nicola for this gorgeous gift!



Annabelle is starting to stir, so I'd better make tracks. Thanks for reading!








22 comments:

Lisa V said...

Gorgeous finishes. Love the little mice, they are too cute!
I'm sure they will look lovely in Annabelle's room.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely stitched pieces Rowyn and the hand knitting is just perfect. Annabelle looks so bonnie lying sleeping - babies grow and change so quickly - in the blink of an eye really. Enjoy this time with her.

butterfly said...

Beautiful baby and beautiful stitching.

Annette-California said...

Congrats on both finishes. Sailing Mice is darling and soooo sweet! Nantucket is Gorgeous - I love that you used Morris Blue. I think I will also.
I have the fabric and chart for Nantucket (not the threads yet) - I LOVE how your sampler looks. It's really looks Fantastic. Did you use any DMC anywhere on Nantucket?
Beautiful jumper from Nicola. Annnabelle is Beautiful.
Lovely progress on Freelove Hazard too. love Annette

loulee said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby girl.
Love your stitching, those mice are oh so cute, perfect for a little girls bedroom. :-)

Catherine said...

Beautiful stitches and gift, but an even more beautiful little girl....

Chris said...

Wonderful finishes and great progress on Freelove. I really love the Nantucket piece.
What a gorgeous gift from Nicola!
Hugs to you and your sweet girls.

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful finishes. Love those little mice. Annabelle is a beauty!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful finishes. Love those little mice. Annabelle is a beauty!

Brigitte said...

Oh Rowyn, such a sweet picture of your little sweetie. She's so beautiful. Nicola's gift will look great on her - one day.
I love your stitched pieces, particularly the Margaret Sherry mice. Sweet little mice for a sweet little baby.

Rhona said...

Annabelle is such a cutie!
Love those mice....they're in my to-do pile! Great stitching and what a lovely gift from Nicola.

Martha said...

The Old Nantucket sampler is absolutely gorgeous - I love everything about it - the colours of threads, the sampler characters, the linen - 100% rustic

the stitch with playful mice is very light and summery

Vickie said...

Congratulations on getting a post done with little Annabelle asleep. Long days and nights aren't they? She looks wonderful. =)
Your stitching is lovely, the mice are so sweet.

meggie said...

Hello

just found your blog.
beautiful stitching and Annabelle is gorgeous (:

valerie said...

Lovely finishes Rowyn! I just love your Nantucket and the little mice are so cute! How sweet of Nicola to send you the pretty sweater for your DD. It's a beautiful shade of pink!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finishes, congratulations
Very cute photo of Annabelle

Sharon said...

Those mice are too cute and how perfect for Annabelle's room. Love your Nantucket finish. That little sweater is so pretty!

Zeb said...

Those mice have always been one of my favourite Margaret Sherry designs :)

And some beautiful work there!

Andrea said...

Beautiful finishes.

Tammy said...

Your baby is beautiful-so precious. And your stitching is gorgeous as well! I love that Nantucket piece!

Stitching Noni said...

Congratulations on your lovely new addition to the family :) She is beautiful
I love your finishes... Especially the sailing mice :)
Such a pretty jacket and card from Nicola - so sweet :)

kiwirachfindinghome said...

i've had my eye on Nantucket - seeing yours now makes me wish i'd got the chart as well!. those mice are darling also!.
your DD is beautiful.