Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring

It's most certainly not Spring here in the Southern hemisphere, but I recently participated in a spring/Easter exchange on the Stiched with Love exchange blog.

As yet, I do not know who my partner was but a big thank you to the stitcher who sent me this wonderful exchange.

A lovely wall hanging -



And a fantastic bunch of extras (a cute bunny chart, the threads to stitch it, ribbons, buttons, fabric and some fat quarters). Talk about being very spoilt.



I haven't heard if my exchange has been received and I know the person I sent to reads my blog, so I won't say who I stitched for at this stage but this is what I stitched and sent -



I am currently stitching a very cute design for my baby, which I hope to finish and share very soon. In my last post I mentioned I'd had some flutterings which I thought might be the baby kicking - now I am in no doubt. DH has had his hand kicked too, which he thought was pretty cool.

I am currently on leave from work and we have just come back from four days up north in Taranaki visiting family. One of the nights we spent away was in a small township called Mokau, and this is the view from the deck of the bach we stayed at - in the distance is Mt Taranaki. Like with all good trips away, it was over too soon!



Hopefully I'll get some time with the rest of my leave from work to do some stitching.

Happy stitching everyone!








11 comments:

Annette-California said...

I love your Carrot wallhanging - what a great design and beautifully finished. Your gifts for the exchange are wonderful - both, what you received and gave. Is this your first baby? Your photo of Taranaki is beautiful. love Annette

Chris said...

Lovely exchanges! Both stitched pieces are wonderful.
Looks like a beautiful getaway. That pic is gorgeous.

Vickie said...

Oh! I remember those first kicks. I have goosebumps all over right now. How special. I am praying for all three of you.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The wallhanging is lovely Rowyn, the colours in the fabric really pick up the colours in the design. Beautiful scenery as always.

Maggie said...

Unfortunately I cannot see any of your photos, there are just little boxes where the pictures should be:-(

Wanted to stop by and say congratulation on your happy event!
Isn't it the best feeling getting those first kicks? I remember it well even though my youngest daughter will be 19 next week!

Sally said...

Wonderful exchanges both sent and received.

Catherine said...

Wonderful goodies all around! Aaawww....I still remember those flutterings!! Beautiful view!!!!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Love what was sent and received. Enjoy the flutterings, they are amazing.

Karoline said...

Both exchanges are lovely, congratulations

Anne said...

The exchange pieces are beautiful. Lovely wall hanging for you. How exciting to feel the baby kick!! So happy for you Rowyn!!

Hugs

Suzanne said...

Both exchanges are lovely with so many great goodies. How exciting that have started to feel kicks!