Saturday, March 23, 2013

Howdy strangers :)

It has been a while since I last blogged, so here I am with an update!

First up some new Just Nan bunny stash arrived recently. I wasted no time ordering them after nearly missing out on the limited edition Christmas mouse at the end of last year. lol.



I also got two small WIPs finished up recently. First up is the stitchery I had started over Christmas. (You wouldn't believe it, but I did actually iron it before taking the photo)! I quite enjoyed the process, but it will definitely take more practice to round corners nicely.



The other design is Lil' Jack and the Kitty from Bent Creek. Even my DH commented what a cool piece this was. I have to say it was the worst kit I have ever used though, as it was seriously short on thread (which wouldn't have been too much of a problem usually, but it was DMC Pearl Cotton 5 which I don't usually stitch with). It would put me off buying Bent Creek kits in future.



I participated in the Hop into Spring exchange recently, and can't wait to show you what was sent and received. Thank you to my mystery stitcher - what a super package. :-) I can't wait to find out who you are to thank you properly.

I am sorry if you have sent me an email in the last four months and haven't received a reply. I had to create a Gmail address to sign up to Nicola's Scarlet Letter blog last year, and it seems all emails started getting sent to that address instead of my main email. I will be checking both in future! :-)

Baby update - everything has been going really well. The only problem I have right now is staying awake in the evenings :-) (hence the lack of blogging and stitching). At the beginning of February I had a midwife appointment and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. That was very cool and special! I think I may have felt the baby move a few times, but I am not entirely sure. The baby also has a room full of 'stuff' (clothes, toys etc) already - and DH and I have hardly bought a thing! I haven't managed to stitch anything for the baby yet, but I have some time off coming up and the Easter break so maybe I'll get some stitching for the little one done then.

Hope you have a lovely, stitch-filled weekend!

12 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely new stash :). The Just Nan pins and charms are so cute. That little pin cushion looks great when stitched up. My hubby made one awhile ago out of the Jinny Beyer border fabric and it looks really lovely

Cute Halloween design :)

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching ,new charts look fab.
I bet you are looking forward to the new baby all the best hugs.

Annette-California said...

Very pretty new goodies to stitch. Love all your stitching. How exciting for you to hear your baby's heartbeat:) Try to sleep when you can. love Annette

Kath said...

Cute bunny stash! Love your stitchery too, very cute

Vickie said...

I would have to agree with Annette, sleep is so much more important.

Always love Just Nan. Too bad about the Bent Creek kit, because that is just adorable.

Carol said...

I was just thinking about you the other day, Rowyn, and I'm so happy to read that all is going well. I still remember the joy of feeling my babies move--there is nothing quite like it!

Love your little embroidered angel and cat--so sweet! And, of course, the black kitty from Bent Creek is adorable. What a shame the kit shorted you on thread...

Take care now and enjoy these "quiet" months--you'll be very busy soon enough!!

Sally said...

Glad everything is going well :)

Lovely stitching and nice new stash!

Anne said...

So exciting Rowan to hear the heart beat! How wonderful!! Lovely stitching and new stash too. Hopefully you'll have some time to nest and stitch :D

Karoline said...

Glad to hear everything is going well.

Cute finishes & great new stash

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Nice to see you checking in Rowyn, I was wondering how you were keeping.

Catherine said...

Lovely to see your post! Glad all is going well. Enjoy your time ~ I can still remember hearing the heartbeats and feeling the boys move! Seems so long ago ~ my youngest turns 9 tomorrow.

Suzanne said...

Pretty stitching and I love the little cat, he's very cute! I remember all too well falling asleep at around 6pm with all my pregnancies.