Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Special deliveries

I have been a little absent from stitching and blogging for a while now. I haven't been feeling my best for a few months because I am expecting a very important delivery later in the year! So let me introduce you to my latest work in progress (which I'm calling my little thumb sucker!) :-)



I have managed to put a few more stitches into Freelove Hazard when I haven't been unmotivated/feeling seedy/horizontal/napping. I am so loving this sampler and the over one (now I didn't think I'd ever say that!).



Onto other special deliveries... I recently hit the stitchy jackpot on Nicola's Scarlet Letter blog. Will you look at the size of this fabric 39" by 55" (1m by 1.4m) (even my DH's eyes bulged when he saw the size of it, lol)! Wow, I am going to have so much fun with that! Thank you again Nicola, not only for the amazing prize but coming up with the idea of the Scarlet Letter blog and getting people stitching.



On the same day the fabric from Nicola arrived, some stash I ordered appeared too. It is Violet's Blue by Blackbird Designs. I fell in love with this design as soon as I saw it. I don't think I'll start it anytime soon though, I seem to have a few too many WIPS on the go and need to get some finished up.



We are having an amazing run of weather at the moment. A high is sitting over Wellington and it is blue sky day after blue sky day, and is expected to continue on until mid next week. It certainly makes our nation's capital look stunning.



I think Meg must have been catching a breeze in the woodshed, she lay here quite contented for ages!



Hope you're keeping cool (or warm)... depending on where you are in the world!




37 comments:

Von said...

Congrats on your upcoming special delivery!! So happy for you. :)

Kathryn in NZ said...

Yay!! Congrats! I bet your niece is looking forward to being a big cousin :)
All the best for a happy, well pregnancy and baby xx

valerie said...

Congratulations Rowyn! What fantastic news! Great progress on Freelove Hazard and another congrats on your fabbie win!

Kathy A. said...

Congtatulations Rowyn. What wonderful news!

Andrea said...

What happy news, so happy for you!

Daniela said...

Congratulations. The 35ct Floba raw is my favorite fabric for cross stitching. I am sure you will love it.

Annette-California said...

Congratulations! Love your newest wip:) Grand-baby - amazing.
Lovely new fabric. Very happy for you - love Annette

stitcheranon said...

Congratulations...a beautiful new delivery if I may say so ;-)

Nicola said...

Congratulations on your forthcoming delivery!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations!!!! Wow, I am so excited for you. Please God you're feeling well and things will be uneventful, except for the blessed event itself. ;) Lovely stitching!

Nicky said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations, so happy for you both!

Chris said...

Congratulations!! How Exciting.
Lovely new stash and fabric. Gorgeous pics. I always love seeing them.

Nicola said...

Dearest Rowyn and I am sooooooo pleased for you both, this is the bestest of news. Phoebe is going to have a little cousin to play with.

When is the baby due?

I almost forgot in my excitment for you, Freelove is looking amazing and I am so happy that you liked the fabric, it should keep you going for a little while.

Rhona said...

Congratulations!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely news Rowyn, I'm delighted for you. Enjoy your stitching time now - things will change:-)

Catherine said...

Congratulations ~ how exciting for you!! Enjoy these times...

Vickie said...

You know what? You have wonderful progress and wonderful goodies, but OH MY!!, how WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations and God bless you both!!

Ranae said...

Congratulations!!!
Wow that is a big piece of linen

Carol said...

What wonderful, wonderful news, Rowyn--I'm just thrilled for you and your husband! Soon, you will be getting your energy back and feeling much better, I'm sure... Those first few months of pregnancy are beyond tiring...

Wonderful win from Nicola--you'll have lots of fun with that one... Pretty new chart and threads, too.

Thanks for the gorgeous shots of Wellington--absolutely stunning!

Take good care now and I wish you all the best during the next months till he or she arrives :)

Hazel said...

Rowyn! Congrats to you!!. Take care of yourself and get those wips stitched!! xx

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news!!!

Katrina said...

What wonderful news Rowyn, congratulations to you and your DH. Exciting times ahead, I hope everything goes well over the next few months :)

Jan said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news. Put your feet up, relax, and stitch.

Melissa said...

Congrats, Rowyn! How exciting! We will look forward to your "report" as the months roll by! Enjoy this special time!

Pumpkin said...

Oh Rowyn!!!! I'm SOOOOO happy for you! I told you not to give up and look what happened ;o) You made my day and put a smile on my face with your wonderful news. I hope you are feeling well my friend. ((((HUGS))))

Andrea said...

Congratulations Rowyn!!

Hope all goes well.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A very hearty CONGRATULATIONS!!!

StitchCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StitchCat said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news Rowyn :-)

Cheryl said...

Such lovely news! Big congratulations to you and your hubby :)

Karoline said...

Wonderful news, congratulations to you both. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations to you and your DH Rowyn, such wonderful news.

Sharon said...

Congrats on your coming little one! How exciting!

Anne said...

Big congrats to you and your husband!! ((HUGS)) I've never seen fabric that large before either and my eyes would probably bug out!! Congrats on your win. I love BBD's violets and have thought of purchasing it too. It'll look amazing when stitched up|!

butterfly said...

Congratulations, how wonderful.
Lovely win from Nicola, hugs.

loulee said...

Congratulations. What a wonderful WIP, I'm sure it will be beautiful and much loved once completed. LOL (Hugs)

Suzanne said...

Congratulations, that is the most wonderful news! I am sorry that I am so late in congratulating you, I am very behind on my blog reading.