Saturday, January 05, 2013

Happy new year

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year. 2013 is shaping up to be a great year, but it is back to work on Monday after two weeks off work. While that is a bit of a drag there are plenty of public holidays to look forward to at this time of year (the first being just two weekends away).

I had lots of stitching plans for my time off work, but they haven't really eventuated due to feeling unwell for most of the break. I did pull out a kit I have had in my stash for a few years and put a few stitches in when I've felt up to it over the last few days. I am enjoying it so far and will finish it as a small pillow when done. It is my first attempt at a stitcheries kit, so I have a lot to learn about making nice curves with back stitch.



Before Christmas my Freelove Hazard sampler kit arrived for Nicola's Scarlet Letter challenge. I hope to make a start on it this month.



Christmas Day was a stinker of a hot day at 33 degrees Celsius (about 91 degrees Fahrenheit). Luckily the other nice days we've had haven't been quite that hot, so we've been having some trips out to different beaches and scenic spots. The water was even warm when we paddled our feet in it!







We took a trip to the zoo the other morning. I won't bore you with all the animal photos, but thought I'd share this baby chimp which was way too cute!



Have a great weekend!




10 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love your outdoor photos and the baby is so beautiful. Stitchery always appeals to me - I used to see it in many Australian magazines that I often bought.

Catherine said...

Beautiful photos! Love the chimp picture!!

Annette-California said...

Love your selection of The Scarlett Letter - Freelove Hazard. Looking forward to seeing your new start. Happy New Year to you and hope you are feeling better. love Annette

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching and great photos.

Chris said...

Sounds like a lovely long holiday but HOT!
Gorgeous pics.
I like your new start. I have Freelove somewhere in the stash,lol :)

Nicola said...

Rowyn you really ought to enter the three landscape photos into a competition, they are so good.

I think that a lot of us have been ill over Christmas, it certainly hit us here at Trewoon.

Carol said...

It is so strange to think of Christmas being that warm, Rowyn!! Here it was below freezing as usual :)

Loved your photos--and animal photos are never boring to me. I do love that tiny chimp!

Suzanne said...

Nice choice with the SL kit and the other piece is quite cute.

We had a lovely day on Christmas day with plenty of rain. Too bad we can't get some of that weather now. Today is going to be 41C and tomorrow 42C!!

Great photos!

Karoline said...

I heard from my sister that it was very hot on Christmas day.

Your stitchery piece is lovely

Kath said...

Congratulations on your next labour of love! Love your stitching too