Sunday, January 13, 2013

Freelove Hazard 1792

My aim for January was to get started on my sampler for Nicola's Scarlet Letter challenge. In the last few days I have done just that and have made a little progress.

Now I have to say when I studied the chart prior to stitching I was slightly nervous about all the over one stitching. It is not my favourite thing to do, and in the past I sometimes haven't even cared for the actual look of over one stitching. However, I have made a start and am actually enjoying it and I love the look of it in this sampler.



While I am here, I thought I would share a couple of other photos. Here is my bunny Charlie. He's a lively, happy little fellow. I am not entirely sure my other bunny Cola is very smitten with him (I think he preferred Tiggy's affectionate and gentle nature, rather than Charlie's "lets play" attitude lol) - but there has never been any aggression between the two boys, and they do get lots of exercise running around their enclousre.



For the flower lovers amongst you. This year in my wildflower garden I decided to plant some old fashioned favourites - dahlias, gladioli, foxgloves, hollyhocks etc. While there isn't actually too much flowering at this stage, my "Uncle Hankey" dahlia has this gorgeous bloom on it. Hopefully the other flowers won't be too far behind.



Hope you are having a lovely weekend and getting lots of stitching time in.



13 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful stitches, cute bunny and stunning flower!! Thanks for sharing!

Gabi said...

Love your new start. Over one stitching can be a pain, but I think it's really worth it. It's looking really beautiful already :)
Your bunny is looking gorgeous too, so is the flower

Annette-California said...

Beautiful over one stitching. The colors look so rich. Gorgeous bloom. We are still having winter here in California - cold (in the 30's Fahrenheit)and sunny:) Cute bunny too. love Annette

Vickie said...

Aww sweet Charlie.♥
I love over one stitching. It is really worth it on your piece, it looks fabulous so far.
I love Dahlias. Uncle Hankey is gorgeous.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I like your new start for the challenge, quiet a few people have chosen this one and I can see why. Charlie is a very cute little bunny, I hope the two of them become good friends. Your dahlia is stunning - nature at it's best.

Nicola said...

There are so many different types of Dahlias. This is a particularly stunning one.

Chris said...

Hello Charlie! He looks like a fun guy.
Freelove look great. You are making great progress.

Siobhán said...

Charlie is too cute! Nice start on Freelove--I love that design! Beautiful flower, too.

Sally said...

What a gorgeous new start.

Awww your bunny is so sweet.

Melissa said...

That dahlia is gorgeous! Charlie looks like a sweet bunny.

Love your new start on Free Love - such pretty colours!

Suzanne said...

Nice start on Freelove! Charlie is such a cute bunny.

Kate N said...

Davila is stunning :) I love to photograph plants too.

Karoline said...

Great start on Freelove, she's looking lovely

Cute bunny & a lovely dahlia