Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Phoebe's 2012 Christmas ornament

I finally settled on Just Nan's Christmas mouse for Phoebe's 2012 ornament. I was a bit worried about the finishing, and although it's not perfect, it was easier than expected. I was quite chuffed with the result...





I nearly missed out on getting this limited edition kit. I dithered a while, and once I made up my mind I had trouble tracking down somewhere that still had it in stock. Luckily I found an ONS that had it, it arrived quickly and I managed to get it stitched, finished and delivered with time to spare before Santa arrives next week.

Of course, the first thing Phoebe (who is three and a half) did was pull the pin out of it. LOL.

Hope you are enjoying the lead up to Christmas. Two days of work to go before a nice two week break - and summer has arrived, we've had some glorious weather lately. I hope it sticks around.



Merry Christmas!

17 comments:

An itch to cross stitch.. said...

What a gorgeous little mouse! That is so sweet.

Chris said...

Beautiful ornament. I think that your finishing looks amazing!
Merry Christmas!!

Sally said...

What a sweet little mouse!

Vickie said...

Oh the mouse is just lovely! Oh for your weather! We just got 3" of snow yesterday!

Carol said...

Oh, what a sweet choice for Phoebe's annual ornament, Rowyn!! Your finish looks just perfect to me and what a wonderful collection she'll have when she is grown!

Thanks for brightening our days with that blue sky--we've had nothing but gray, rainy days for most of the month. Sure doesn't seem much like Christmas without any snow :(

Wishing you a joyous holiday!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a perfect choice Rowyn, I'm sure Phoebe loves it. She's a lucky little girl to have such a thoughtful aunt. I do envy you the sunshine.

Kathryn in NZ said...

That mouse is just too cute!
Have a wonderful Christmas break xx

Nicola said...

That is a gorgeous one to add to Phoebe's growing collection. It is a cold and very wet night in Cornwall, Winter s definitely here so envious of your sun.

Aussie Stitcher said...

The mouse is gorgeous, and your finishing looks amazing.
Love the decking in your yard. Enjot your Christmas break.

Katrina said...

Oh the little mouse is just gorgeous! Merry Christmas Rowyn, have a wonderful holiday break!

Kathy A. said...

OH Rowyn. That is priceless! What a wonderful mouse for Phoebe!
Merry Christmas my dear friend!

Catherine said...

So sweet! A treasure for years to come!

StitchCat said...

That is one very cute wee mouse!

Melissa said...

What a cute little mouse! Now that's the kind of mouse I wouldn't be afraid of!

Lovely to see all that sunny weather. Here the weather has been awful - a bit of snow, but LOTs of Rain!

Merry Christmas, Rowyn!

Karoline said...

The mouse is just too cute! Congratulations

I hope you all have had a lovely Christmas

Anne said...

Super adorable mouse Rowyn! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Suzanne said...

What a gorgeous finish! I so wanted this piece, but missed out on it by the time I got a chance to put my order together.