Thursday, November 29, 2012

Freelove Hazard 1792

I am sure most people know about Nicola's new Scarlet Letter Year blog and challenge by now. What a cool idea to inspire others to get stitching and celebrate her milestone birthday coming up in February! (If you haven't come across the blog yet, you can find it - here)

After many hours perusing the internet, I finally decided to stitch Freelove Hazard 1792. I have the kit on order and can't wait for it to arrive.



I didn't want to pick a seriously large piece (Dorothy Walpole for example, which is my absolute favourite) until I finish my Growing Like a Tree sampler.

The Freelove Hazard sampler seems a little more poignant and meaningful regarding the brevity of life after spending Tuesday evening in the A&E ward of the local hospital. My sister was in a serious car accident, and is really lucky to be alive. Thankfully she is not one flower who is going to wither - but hells bells, it shocked everyone to the core. Even though she is going to be OK, it is really difficult to stop thinking about the details and what could have been.

Oddly, my last words to her that morning were 'You should get Dad to drive you today' (I was sick on Tuesday and I usually drive her to work in my car). She said 'Nah, I'm happy to drive'.

As someone has said to me since, you never know what is going to happen five minutes from now and it is so true. So remember to make the most of the days you are given, your loved ones... and your stitching time! :-)

11 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm so glad your sister is okay Rowyn, life is precious and it's so true that we don't know what's just around the corner. It's great that you've joined the challenge, I have too. I love your choice - I've not posted about mine yet as the charts haven't arrived.

Nicola said...

I am so sorry that your sister has been hurt but am pleased that she will recover. It must have been a terrible shock for you and your family. Is she Phoebe's Mum?

Take care my friend xxx

Annette-California said...

So very sorry to hear about your sister's accident. Life is Precious and enjoy every moment you can. Beautiful chart you selected for the challenge. I haven't decided yet. I really do have lots of wips. But I might still join. i have been looking at everyones choice of charts. Prayers for you and your sister. love Annette

Chris said...

Oh Rowyn. I am sending well wishes to your sister for a speedy recovery!
I love your choice for Nicola's SAL.

Catherine said...

I do hope your sister is recovering well. What a horrible experience for you all to have a to go through. Praying for a speedy recovery.
What a beautiful piece you chose to stitch!

barbara said...

Stitching this beautiful sampler is certainly going to be full of special meaning - I am so glad your sister will be okay.

Vickie said...

I am sorry Rowyn. I hope and pray she recovers quickly and completely.

Katrina said...

What a shock for your sister and your family - so pleased to hear she's ok. You're so right, you never know what's right around the corner. Have a good weekend :)

Carol said...

Oh, what a shock to read about your sister, Rowyn--I am glad to hear she is recovering. It must have been so very frightening for your entire family. How quickly life can change...

Love the sampler you've chosen for the challenge. Don't think I'm participating, but it will be fun following along on everyone's progress...

Karoline said...

I'm so glad to hear that your sister is going to be alright, that must have been horrible to everyone.

I like the sampler you've chosen, I don't think I will be participating but I'm going to enjoy seeing everyone's progress

Anne said...

So sorry to hear your sister was in an awful accident. I'm glad she is ok.

Beautiful sampler you chose for the challenge! I'm will be playing along too! Can't wait to see everyone's progress!!