Sunday, November 25, 2012

Catching up

Thank you for those who took the time to leave some kind words on my last post about my bunny Tiggy. She is still much missed, and it is hard to believe she has gone forever.

You may know that rabbits form strong bonds and bonded pairs should never be separated, so it wasn't really surprising that Cola was looking a little lost and sad himself. So Cola, DH and I hopped along to an animal rescue centre and let him run around with a little grey friendly bunny who my Mum (the animal welfare officer) thought he might get along with. The meeting went reasonably well and a few days later home came Charlie. He is a dutch dwarf and about the same age as Cola.

Charlie is such a happy little bunny. He and Cola are not yet firm friends, but they are getting there slowly. Here is a photo of Charlie and Tess (who can't get enough of rolling around in the hay!).



I'm currently working on three projects - Old Nantucket, Lil' Jack and the Kitty and Growing Like a Tree. There's no photo of Old Nantucket, as the photo I took looked horribly wrinkly. But here are pics of the other two (both modelled by Meg).





We recently had a royal visit. The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall made a short trip to Wellington. So I popped along to the waterfront in my lunch break and got to see them. They were quite close, but surrounded by people.



Here is what they came to see - wakas (Maori canoes). As they paddled off they sang/chanted a waiata. It was very impressive!



Back in October we had a lovely long weekend at the beach. We own a business with my BIL, SIL and a friend. It has become a bit of a tradition to go away together each Labour weekend (we jokingly refer to it as the Annual General Meeting). DH and I were the first to arrive on the Friday night, and while we waited for the others to get there we walked along the beach. On our way back the sun was starting to go down so we lingered a while and were rewarded with this beautiful sunset.



The weather here has been great this weekend, I think summer is finally getting here. Yesterday my DH did an aerobatic flight where he got to 'enjoy' loop de loops, barrel rolls, weightlessness and speeds of 260 km an hour while plummeting towards the sea out at Kapiti. He LOVED it. My husband is pretty fearless (I am sure that is not normal, lol) and he thoroughly enjoyed himself. Although, I have to say he did look pretty pale on his return and the colour only returned to his cheeks after a stop at a cafe for coffee and a muffin. Luckily they go out over the sea to do aerobatics so I didn't have to watch, so I just got to take this bad pic on my mobile while he and the instructor took off.



I will finish up with a photo of my niece Phoebe (now three and a half), since I haven't shared one for a while. I bought her a book recently 'cool' she said and then threw it to the side, quickly followed by 'have you still got Tom on your phone' (the Talking Tom app!). She forgets nothing and knows how to use an iPad (including keying in the number password!).



Hope your weekend is going well!




13 comments:

Catherine said...

Cute critters, great stitches and wonderful pictures! Tanks for sharing it all. Phoebe is adorable!!

butterfly said...

What lovely photo's, Your stitching is looking beautiful.
Love your cute pets.hugs.

Nicola said...

Phoebe is growing up, it happens so quickly.

Wonderful post, where to start.

Your sunset was worth waiting for.

A big welcome to Charlie. Meg is so good with the bunnies.

Your DH must be daring to do that, mine would have been sick even if he had the courage.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Miss Phoebe has changed a lot since her last photo, she's a little cutie. The stitching photos are extra special with their model host. I'm so impressed with your royal visit photos, the maori canoe looks amazing. What a gorgeous sunset you were fortunate to see and enjoy. PS I think company for animals is so important.

Maggie said...

Beautiful sunset photo, well worth the wait.
Phoebe is growing up so quickly, she is so beautiful and clever too by the sounds of it!
Lovely stitching with your model for photos too :-)

Vickie said...

Oh your stitching is so lovely.
I am so glad that Cola has a friend now.♥

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What lovely photos! I really adore your large sampler you are working on. It is gorgeous! And what fabulous pictures of Charles and Camilla, but the picture of the natives....stunning!

Sally said...

What a sweet photo. Charlie is such a cute little bunny.

Love your sampler. It is beautiful.

What a sweet photo of Phoebe.

That is a great photo of Charles and Camilla.

Siobhán said...

Your niece is adorable! Love your WIPs. I'm glad that your bunns are happy now. :) I am amazed that your cat doesn't have them as a snack. I had a cat who used to bring home a rabbit for us every Easter. I'm so glad that isn't a problem for you!

Suzanne said...

Phoebe has grown up so much! It's amazing how much attention they pay to things. I use a six digit key for my iPad and have never told the kids, but they watch like hawks everytime I log in and worked it out on their own.

Love your WIPs, they are looking great. Glad to hear that Cola has found a friend.

Annette-California said...

Darling Niece and smart too. Geez already working a tablets - wow. Loved seeing you Wips. Loved the large one on the rug - such beautiful threads. I love the royal family and couldn't believe you snapped a great photo of Prince Charles and his wife. so cool.
thanks for sharing love Annette

jhm said...

I recently learned (and watched) my 21 month old grandson unlock his mom's ipad, search for his app (Mickey Mouse) and get it started. When the music stoppped, he did it again.
Amazing!
Enjoy her while you can!

JHM
http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

Carol said...

Yay! A "Phoebe Fix!!!" How adorable she is, Rowyn... was it her mother who was in the accident?

Congratulations on your new bunny--he is lucky to have such a loving new home :) And thanks for sharing all those great photos--really enjoyed each and every one!