Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's a beautiful day

Here's a progress pic of Old Nantucket with the WDW Morris Blue. I think I'll stick with this one, although I'm not 100% happy with it (I still want the same blue as on the chart lol). What do you think? Has anyone else out there stitched this with a different blue - or even the Pebble? If so, I'd love for you to point me to your blog so I can have a look. Thanks in advance.

Old Nantucket progress

I had a half day today as I had a couple of appointments to attend. I was home by 2pm and able to enjoy the beautiful weather we had this afternoon.

I puddled around in the backyard taking photos and enjoying the sunshine.

A few of my favourite things - blossoms, blue sky, cats and home

I spent an hour trying to tidy up my wildflower garden. I slogged it out while Tess watched. Typical cats! lol After an hour of not getting very far I decided I really need the help of DH to get it prepared for planting. It was perhaps a it ambitious to think I could clear it out in an afternoon. :-)

Instagram ~ It's a cats life - I slog it out while she watches

My cats love company in the garden. At one stage I had all four of them sitting on the deck with me. They are a bit like children at times, as they'll be lying down relaxing and then one chases another and it all turns to bedlam. I think you'll agree though that Giggsy looks pretty relaxed.

Giggsy

I'll leave you with one last photo from our Sunday drive of Scorching Bay near Wellington. It's a very popular spot, especially in summer. If you are a Lord of the Rings fan you might be interested to know that Scorching Bay is where a lot of the actors used to hang out during filming of the first three movies.

Scorching Bay

Hope your week is off to a great start!

13 comments:

Annette-California said...

How Cool! I enjoyed all the movies of Lord of the Rings. One guy I went to High school with and yes in the same Theater group Michael Seminack won an Oscar award for mixing sound in "The Two Towers - Lord of the Rings" movie:) Your nantucket is looking so pretty Rowyn! Just select what color appeals to you the most. I've son't have this chart (yet). You know you can always stitch some of each color to test....Awe love your cats, Thanks for sharing. love Annette

Chris said...

Looks like perfect weather. Scorching Bay is lovely.
That blue looks good but I completely understans wanting the color in the picture.
I hope that threst of your week is great.

Carol said...

Lovely spring you're having, Rowyn!! And, as always, the scenery in NZ is breathtaking...

Glad you've found a blue you can be happy with... it is so frustrating when buy a chart for the look in the photo and then our threads look so different!

Nicola said...

Scorching Bay. What a wonderful name.

I have often thought that cats take great pleasure lazying whilst watching others work.

Vickie said...

Beautiful pictures. Interesting fact to know about the Bay and Lord of the Rings. I am a fan. =)

Von said...

Looking at your beautiful spring garden reminds me of the fall chores I need to get to so my garden will be pretty next spring!

Have a great day, Rowyn!! :)

Hazel said...

Beautiful pics and beautiful stitching! x

valerie said...

Lovely progress on Old Nantucket! I hate it when the recommended threads don't match the photo. Those dyelots really differ! I saw someone substituted with WDW Dove and it looked quite nice. perhaps you can see if that color would make you happier. Love the garden photos...it's quite sunny there!

Catherine said...

Wonderful progress! Bummer that the blue is not quite what you want. The Dove that Valerie suggested is a pretty color.
Such cute kitties!

Sally said...

Beautiful progress. I've had that problem of not getting the colour you want with hand dyed threads. The blue you chose is really pretty though.

Anne said...

Love your Nantucket! Too bad that the colour wasn't even close to the design :( Lovely photos of your kitty and garden! I am a big fan of LOTR and would have loved to hang out where Aragorn was...sigh :D

Karoline said...

Nantucket is looking lovely, great progress

Nothing like a cat to zero in on the prime sunspots!

Suzanne said...

Nantucket is looking really pretty with the blue thread.

The weather here has been fantastic as well, lots of sunshine and warm breezes.