Saturday, September 01, 2012

Herald of spring

Look what I found flowering in my garden last week, daffodils! Yay (love Spring!).

Instagram ~ Herald of spring

I finished up Beach Cottage by CCN recently. I like how the design turned out, but wasn't so happy with the choice of fabric and its loose weave. I'll probably keep the rest of it for small designs.

CCN ~ Beach Cottage finish

Continuing on with the beach theme, I've made a start on LHN's Old Nantucket. Loving the colours in this one.

LHN ~ Old Nantucket WIP

Last up for todays post is some new stash. I bought 'Lil Jack and the Kitty' by Bent Creek with the last of my birthday money. I'm having to resist the urge to get started on this little cutie, since I have only just started on Old Nantucket! :-)

Lil Jack and the Kitty ~ cute new stash

I hope you've got plenty of stitching to keep you happy this weekend! Have a good one folks.

10 comments:

Kathryn in NZ said...

Love Beach Cottage!

Carol said...

Happy Spring to you, Rowyn! Please post lots of warm, sunny photos over the next six months to keep us folks in the Northern Hemisphere warm (at least in our minds!):) I'm looking forward to fall, but dread the coming winter. The older I get, the harder it is to take...

Your Beach Cottage is adorable and I look forward to following along on your Old Nantucket progress--that is such a pretty design!

Nicky said...

Isn't spring wonderful!! Your Beach Cottage is lovely, nice to see what you've been up to.....hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I missed your last post with the beautiful photos, you know I love to see your country. I can't believe it's spring with you and autumn is beginning with us.

Gabi said...

Congrats on finishing "Beach Cottage". It looks great.
Nantucket is looking lovely too. You're right, the colors are gorgeous. And your new Kitty looks very promising too. That look on her face is adorable

Chris said...

Wonderful stitching and new stash. I have Old Nantcket on my wish list :)

Karen Balser said...

Hi Rowyn. My name is Karen and I live
in South Carolina USA. I am new to blogging. Before I became a blogger I visited some blogs and all of you stitchers do wonderful work. And I really love the pictures of NZ. Your cats a so cute.We are dos people only bc I am allergic to them.:(

Gotta go just wanted to introduce my self to you. Have a lovely day.

Keep stitching

Karen SC


Karoline said...

Lovely finish, congratulations & great new stash

Karoline said...

Lovely finish, congratulations & great new stash

Suzanne said...

A lovely finish with Beach Cottage and an appropriate finish for the beginning of spring.

Love your Kitty piece, I can see why it would be hard to resist.