Saturday, August 04, 2012

Hidden gems

I've been working on the Weavers here and there, and it's slowly taking shape.




However, I was in need of something to work on with a bit of colour in it. So I managed to find this hidden gem lurking away in the depths of my stash drawers. It is Garden Pleasures by Little House Needleworks. It's nearly finished and I've thoroughly enjoyed stitching on this. So pretty and flowery!




I've also had some great stash in the mail recently, first up is Beach House by LHN.




And the gorgeous Nantucket, also by LHN. This is actually a gift from my sisters. It gets harder and harder to buy each other birthday presents each year, so I put my order in. lol




Last Sunday was a beautiful, warm day and DH and I wanted to make the most of it. So we took a drive to Ocean Beach in the Wairarapa. It is somewhere we had never been, and wow we were wonderfully surprised. It is 40 kilometres from the main road, but the road out there wound its way through farmland, native bush, alongside Lake Wairarapa and finally ending up at a beautiful beach.

Here's DH standing at the lake edge. We are definitely going to have a picnic here in the summertime... it was a gorgeous spot.



We did manage to hit rush hour on the Ocean Beach road though, lol.




This is the view from near Ocean Beach looking towards Cape Palliser (which, if you have been reading my blog for a while, will have seen photos of - it's another favourite spot of ours).




This last photo is of Ocean Beach itself. Even though it was warmish and a great day, there were only a handful of other beachgoers. I love that about living here in New Zealand - even at the height of summer you can have the beaches and beauty spots almost all to yourself.



I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend, enjoying the Olympics (like we are) and getting lots of stitching in.

10 comments:

Theresa said...

Great projects you have going on there!! Garden Pleasure is one of my favorite stitch!!
Love your scenery photos!! They are beautiful!!

Ele said...

Hello Rowyn,

I love the patterns of LHN too, this little garden lady looks so cute...
great cross stitch projects and lovely pictures of your country

Gabriele from Bavaria

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love to see the photos you take on your travels - the scenery is just beautiful.

Sally said...

Beautiful WIPs and love your future starts too.

I always love seeing your photos. You live in such a beautiful country.

Melissa said...

Oh gosh those photos make me want to jump on the plane and get there to the beaches, even if it's winter there!

Lovely stitching. I know...sometimes we just need a dose of colour!

Anne said...

Lovely stitching Rowyn! I love your new stash acquirement!! I had to laugh at the rush hour picture!! So funny!

Carol said...

Oh, what wonderful photos of NZ, Rowyn!! Just love the sheep ambling down the road :)

I can imagine that LHN piece is so much fun to stitch with all the colors and little motifs--you'll be all finished in no time! Nice new stash as well--enjoy...

Catherine said...

Love your stitchy projects, but oh how your rush hour made me heart jump ~ I love sheep!! Beautiful pictures!!

Karoline said...

Great progress on your wips, they're both looking lovely.

You got some nice new stash and your photo's of your day out are great

Brigitte said...

These are really hidden gems and certainly a fun stitch. I also have Nantucket on my wisglist, it's another of LHN's must-haves.
I *love* your scenery pictures, particularly the last one. Makes me want to leave immediately and travel there.