Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cat scan

I came home from work this week and Giggsy was sitting on top of some new charts that had arrived in the post for me.

Judging by the ferocious look he'd cat scanned the contents and realised I'd received some pretty impressive stuff.


I bought these charts verrry cheaply on TradeMe (like Ebay) because I liked them.  Only to discover they are Loose Feathers charts no 1 and 7.  No wonder he's baring his fangs!

 

We've been hanging out at the beach the last couple of weekends.  There's been some unseasonal warm, sunny days so we've been making the most of it.  What a great pick me up in the middle of winter.


I can see us living by the beach one day, but for now it's more beach visits and seaside themed stitching on the agenda.

Hope you're having a great week!

(P.S. - Giggsy is really yawning, and is not ferocious in the slightest!  He's a big loveable gallah!)


10 comments:

Chris said...

I love it! Giggsy and your wonderful new charts.
The beach looks lovely. I can see why you would want to live near here.

Denise said...

Great charts! Love the beach picture - what a treat to go in the middle of winter.

Kathy A. said...

Lovely new purchases and love the Guard Cat. Beautiful beach photos.
We are off to visit some friends this weekend and see the Tall Ships - very excited.

Melissa said...

That's a great score on the charts! Giggsy is protecting them for you, I see!

That beach photo - oh wish I could be there! ;-)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great new stash!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love the word "gallah" it really is very descriptive. I still can't get my head round the fact that this is your winter.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

In spite of the ferocious stitcher eating feline
at the beginning of your post I continued to
read and scroll down the page to see what
you've been up to.

Charts #1 and #7 of the Loose Feathers line??
You're kidding? I suspect that there are some
people who'd pay a pretty penny for these
charts on Ebay or something. Nice score!!!

Oh wouldn't it be nice to just live close enough
to the beach that we could drive there in less
then a day. Sigh! It's so beautiful.

Am trying to send some more hot weather
your way but it seems to be getting stuck
somewhere around Fiji. Oh well.

Cheers!

Carol said...

I can see why you'd want to live near the beach when it is as pretty as that photo, Rowyn! Great picture!! And way to go on the great deal on the charts--can't wait to see them as WIPs :) Enjoy your warm spell!

Catherine said...

Great cat! Those are great charts you found ~ enjoy!

Suzanne said...

Awesome find with those two charts!