Saturday, June 16, 2012

Winter stitching

I've had a couple of finishes since I last checked into my blog.  Farm House by Blackbird Designs.  This is such a pretty design (even DH liked it).

Also, Remember Me by Blackbird Designs.  I'm going to tea dye this one to jazz it up a bit.



I am currently working on a kit I bought in England in 2006, of the Weavers building in Canterbury.  My Great Grandfather helped restored this building in years gone by (Canterbury and Kent are where my Dad's family hail from).



A few weeks ago DH and I had a long weekend away to the Hawkes Bay.  We stayed in a lovely apartment and were very lucky with the weather.  We did a wine tasting adventure, explored some waterfalls and wetlands (as can be seen in the pic below) and did a bit of shopping.  It was very relaxing.



We are well and truly in Winter now.  We got a new heating system in our house which should hopefully make the cold weather more bearable, but I'm still very much looking forward to Spring already!

Have a wonderful weekend.


14 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful stitching Rowyn. I love your new start especialy when it has such a wonderful story to it.

Annette-California said...

Your Farm House is so pretty, lovely colors. And Canterbury Weavers Building - what a perfect remembrance and story with Your Great Grandfather. Have you considered stitching a few sentences that could include: Great Grandfathers name, and that he helped restore this building? And maybe include the year or years he worked on it, if you have that information. love Annette

Michelle said...

Great stitching - I love the Farmhouse finish!

milly said...

Great photos and your stitching is looking lovely.

Congratulations on your finish, it's very pretty.
Happy weekend.

Vickie said...

All of your stitching looks wonderful. The one relating to your Great Grandfather is truly special. http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Chris said...

So glad to see an update from you!!!
I love your BBD finishes are so lovely. I love the Canterbury stitching and the story of your Great Grandfather.
That picture of Hawkes Bay is so amazing. It doesn't look real. It looks more like heaven.

Sally said...

Beautiful finishes and a gorgeous new start.

Love the photo of Hawkes Bay.

Catherine said...

What pretty stitches! Your time away sounds wonderful!

Theresa said...

Nice finishes, Rowyn~
The photo of Hawkes Bay is gorgeous!!! Looks like a wonderful place to spend the weekend~

Anne said...

Rowyn! I'm glad you're back!! Lovely stitches you finished! The colour for Remember me is especially pretty! Oooh, Hawkes Bay! I would love to visit there!! I watch New Zealand and Australian Masterchef and they went to Hawkes bay for some kind of competition, and boy is it a beautiful place!!

Deanne J said...

Beautiful stitching

Carol said...

Both of your BBD finishes are lovely, Rowyn and that Weavers building WIP is so special. What a neat connection to your grandfather.

Hope your winter passes quickly. We are going up to 92 today with high humidity so I'll send some of that heat your way :)

Karoline said...

Your BBD finishes are lovely, congratulations

Suzanne said...

I love all your pretty stitching, congratulations on your finishes.

Thank you so much for the award you granted me and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.