Sunday, May 06, 2012

Catch up

Here's what I've got on the go at the moment -

Bluebird by Blackbird designs.  I stitched it on a scrap of fabric I had tea and coffee dyed.  My sister has some shell-like buttons which I am going to look at to see if they will be suitable to finish this off.


I have now stitched all four of Just Nan's seasonal humbugs.  These two just need the beads attached.  I had a favourite beading needle, but I just cannot find what I did with it.  I purchased some new ones, but they are nothing like the one I had - which was quite long and thin (and perfect to work with).

Autumn -


Winter (which is prettier in person, it hasn't photographed very well at all).


I have only got a little further with Curly-Q Ewe.  I'll keep putting a few stitches in here and there when the mood takes me.  Eventually it will get finished.


Here is Growing Like a Tree as I last left it.  It's been a while since I stitched on this.


To finish up, here is what is currently receiving all of my attention.  I was a bit disappointed at first that the recommended threads don't really match the photo of the design - but the more I stitch the more I love how it is turning out.



Thanks to those who answered my question about stitching in public.  I have to do jury service in the near future, and my sister suggested taking my stitching to help pass the waiting time.  It has been many, many years since I stitched in public - so I was wondering how many of you do it.  It seems quite a few.  Many years ago I would take my stitching to work and do it in my lunchbreak and I also stitched in an airport or two, but these days it's always at home in my favourite spot.

15 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Very pretty stitches Rowyn.

Kathy A. said...

Very pretty stitches Rowyn.

Catherine said...

Wonderful projects!!

Jessica said...

Beautiful projects, especially "Growing Like a Tree" I love it!

Jessica

Milly said...

Beautiful projects, I love the Just Nan humbugs.

Carol said...

Thanks for catching us up on all your projects, Rowyn... You sure have been busy--love the "Growing Like a Tree" piece--you need to finish that one up soon.

I would think jury duty would be a perfect place to stitch something small--you might even get a finish out of it if it is anything like our jury duty where we might sit for 8 hours with nothing to do while they select a jury!

Chris said...

Beautiful stitching and projects!
You are so close to having Growing Like A Tree finished.
Hopefully jury duty will not last too long :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

That seems to happen a lot Rowyn - I buy the threads to stitch a design and they look nothing like the photo. I find it really frustrating.

Melissa said...

Lots of lovely stitching! You've been busy, Rowyn. That last one makes me want to start it asap!

Anna said...

Beautiful projects!!!

valerie said...

Wonderful stitches Rowyn! All your projects are lovely. I tend to get shy stitching in public but at jury duty, it should be fine. Most people here bring books, papers, laptops and are rather preoccupied themselves to pass the time.

Anne said...

Lovely BBD finish Rowyn!! You have been a busy gal!! The Just Nan designs are so sweet!! Good luck with the jury service. I've yet to do that...hope to never!

Karoline said...

Lovely finishes, congratulations

Your wips are looking great

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

Well, you have been busy haven't you. So many beautiful projects, I don't know where to start.

I love seasonal designs so I'm drawn to the
Autumn and Winter pieces you've featured
here. And Curly~Q is so adorable. I wonder if
I've got it somewhere in my stash??? Hmmm....

Growing Like a Tree is ... well ... awesome!! You
must be close to a finish with this one. What an
accomplishment to stitch such a large and
detailed design. Love the colours and all the
lovely motifs.

The Blackbird Designs piece looks wonderful
and I can see why it's winning you over in
spite of the colour variations. But stitching
all of that house must take a lot of patience.

I like to sit out on my front stoop to stitch in
the good weather which I suppose would
count as stitching in public and I use to take
projects to work as well. So do take a little
something with you for the jury duty.

Cheers!

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

Well, you have been busy haven't you. So many beautiful projects, I don't know where to start.

I love seasonal designs so I'm drawn to the
Autumn and Winter pieces you've featured
here. And Curly~Q is so adorable. I wonder if
I've got it somewhere in my stash??? Hmmm....

Growing Like a Tree is ... well ... awesome!! You
must be close to a finish with this one. What an
accomplishment to stitch such a large and
detailed design. Love the colours and all the
lovely motifs.

The Blackbird Designs piece looks wonderful
and I can see why it's winning you over in
spite of the colour variations. But stitching
all of that house must take a lot of patience.

I like to sit out on my front stoop to stitch in
the good weather which I suppose would
count as stitching in public and I use to take
projects to work as well. So do take a little
something with you for the jury duty.

Cheers!