Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunshine and flowers

Just thought I'd stop by with some photos. I haven't really been stitching much lately, but when I have been stitching I've been working on Curly Q Ewe by LHN. I've had this on the go for about two years. I don't know why I'm dragging it out so long, it is such a sweet design! I'll share a photo next time.

Yesterday there was a very rare occurrence - sunshine! Like real proper, warm, summery sunshine. Like the stuff we've hardly seen over recent months. What a welcome sight it was.

Luckily, it was my DH's Saturday off so we headed out to the coast. I was so glad we did, it was just stunning.

Below is Kapiti Island - I wish the weather had been like this on the day we travelled there recently.

Kapiti Island

Kapiti Island from Raumati Beach

Today is grey and dreary again, but I managed to find some sunshine in my garden in the form of flowers.

Godetia flowers... they just flower, and flower and flower...

Coneflower

Even though autumn is just starting in the southern hemisphere, I already can't wait for Spring!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

12 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely blue skies and stunning flowers. The yellow one is so unusual and I love the pink and white ones too.

Nicola said...

Beautiful photographs. The first one of Kapiti Island is very special. The composition and colour is amazing.

Vickie said...

Just beautiful! :) http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Catherine said...

Lovely photos. Sounds like you will have to plan more trips to Kapiti Island and hope for sunny days! I love your gardens!! Such beautiful flowers!

Joyce Clark Frank said...

The flowers are wonderful. Spring is just around the corner

Carol said...

Gorgeous photos, Rowyn...I thought it was most always sunny in NZ, though? I hope you have a lovely autumn--things are greening up around here slowly but surely :)

mollycaff said...

Beautiful pictures. Spring is just around the corner here, although today feels more like the middle of winter.

milly said...

Hello

Just joined your lovely blog.

What beautiful photos - they make me wish it was summer.

you have some lovely stitched pieces on your blog.

Pumpkin said...

As always, beautiful photos Rowyn! Your flowers are making me very excited for spring and I know it's just right around the corner ;o)

Anne said...

What an amazing view! Those flowers are so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing them with us!!

Bronwyn said...

Great photos!

Veronica said...

Stunning photos, Rowyn. Especially the first one. How I wish I was there :) That yellow flower is so pretty.

Hugs,
Veronica.