Monday, March 19, 2012

A Liebster award

Thank you Weustygirl for the Liebster award! :-)

Liebster is a german word meaning favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.

The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting.

1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to

2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.

4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people dont know about you.


Five random facts about me -

1. I recently participated in a 7km fun run/walk and raised $180 for my local animal rescue shelter (I learnt that it is very hard getting money out of people!!)

2. Before we set sail to Kapiti Island a few weeks ago, I got locked in a public toilet. I will never forget the feeling of panic, it was like all the blood rushed to my feet and I couldn't see properly. I banged on the door and eventually pulled myself together and managed to get out. In the days after that I read about two other people who this has happened to. Luckily I didn't go through a wash cycle or need to call the police like the other two people.

3. I wrote to my local paper a few weeks ago about Pukeko fatalities on a road I travel on most days. Someone in the council must have read it and took prompt action as one week later I was travelling home and they had put Pukeko road signs up.

Below is a photo of a Pukeko. They are not endangered, but they are a protected species.

Pukeko (swamp hen)

And here is one at a nature reserve trying to undo my DH's shoelaces! lol

This Pukeko was trying to undo my DH's shoelace

4. I once stayed in a hotel in the Netherlands which was actually also a hospital. Complete with nurses feeding patients in the breakfast room and screaming patients at night. It is probably one of my more colourful travel stories.

5. I have worked at the same firm for nearly 19 years. I left twice to travel. I can see myself there for the forseeable future.

Five other bloggers I am awarding this to (just a few of my favourite blogs) -

1. Catherine @ Catherine's Sewing Corner

2. Suzanne @ Squazi & the Chickens

3. Anne @ Dolls Musings

4. Daniela @ My Needle Art

5. Lee @ Notes from Under the Mountain

6 comments:

Chris said...

I love the Pukeko story and pics. It is so nice to learn more about you :)
Have a great week!

Pumpkin said...

Congrats Rowyn :o)

Raggedy Creations said...

That is one interesting bird. They look fairly big, are they?

Felicia

Anne said...

Thanks so much Rowyn for giving me the award too!! Congrats to you as well! Nice to read a bit about yourself and how you are saving that bird!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations on your award.

milly said...

Congrats on your award!