Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stars, trees and things

I thought I'd pop in and update my blog with a progress photo of Growing Like A Tree. I can't believe that the centre is now almost complete and then it's just the border to go. I'm not usually very good with finishing large projects, I have only completed a few in the 18 years or so I have been stitching. But a finish is definitely on the cards!

Progress @ 18 February 2012

I haven't done any stitching since last weekend, as we spent quite a bit of time with a visiting relative and had a night out to the planetarium. Four years ago I bought a telescope for viewing the night sky, and we have never seen a thing through it! They were offering a course in how to use your telescope, so DH and I signed up. We are still not convinced we will be able to use it, but it gave us some ideas of things to try. If we can't work it out we're going to take it to a repairer and find out if there is a piece missing (we don't think it should be so hard to use). I feel we could be missing out on an exciting hobby. Are there any other stitching star gazers out there?

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely stitching. Good luck with your telescope. I had a night at the Mt John observatory at Lake Tekapo a couple of years ago, was well worth it.

barbara said...

What a gorgeous project - and you're going along great guns on it!

Nicola said...

Funnily enough I couldn't see a thing out of one that we borrowed.

Not long and you will have a wonderful finish xxx

crossedyarns said...

This project is coming along just great. Can't wait to see the finish.

Kathy A. said...

Gorgeous sampler Rowyn. You are making incredible progress! Look forward to that big finish.

Debby said...

Your sampler is going to be beautiful!! And i'm not really inti the stars:-)

Greetings from Debby,
www.crossstitchstyle.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Great progress!
Good luck with the telescope.

krayolakris said...

I love your sampler; it's an heirloom!

Carol said...

Now that is what I call a huge project!! It's looking great, Rowyn...

I bought my sons a telescope years ago and think they only used it a handful of times. It's now decorating my guest room :) Good luck with yours...

Pumpkin said...

Omigosh, there's more to this piece???? WOW! You've really put some time into it lately :o)

We acquired a telescope about a year or so ago but haven't used it yet.

Suzanne said...

Your sampler is looking beautiful, not long to go for a finish!

We used to do quite a bit of star gazing before the kids were born. I haven't done any since and I do miss it.