Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Progress

I didn't make it back on Sunday as I intended with a progress photo - my walk caught up with me and boy was I tired! :-) I did get some stitching done though and progress is being made on my sampler.

More progress

Monday was a public holiday, so DH and I took a drive to the coast. The skies were blue, the water was warm (I paddled my feet in it) - but brrr, the wind was so cold. I think by the time summer truly arrives, it will be time for it to go again.

Here's a couple of photos from the drive. The island (Kapiti) in the bottom photo is a nature reserve. It is one of many islands in New Zealand that they try and keep pest-free, so the native species have a chance to flourish. I haven't been there, but hope to some day soon.

Looking towards the South Island

Kapiti Island

Hope your week is off to a great start!

14 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely part of the world the Kapiti Coast.

Nicola said...

I would love to take a walk with you in your beautiful country.

Chris said...

Beautiful pictures of the coast.
Your sampler is looking great! You are making great progress!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a stunning sky - I love the names of places in New Zealand.

Bridgette Friedman said...

Beautiful stitching, looks like you are closing in on a finish :)
We're having really gloomy weather so I gazed at your pics and imagined I was there.

Lee said...

What a lot of progress you have made on your sampler.
Isnt it a lovely change to have summer weather... make the most of it and keep showing off our wonderful scenery

Katrina said...

Beautiful pics Rowyn, in this post and the previous one. Also, I can't believe how much your little niece has grown, she's a cutie pie!

Sally said...

You're making some lovely progress Rowyn. It's so pretty.

Lovely photos from your drive. Oh how I wish I was there!

Lee said...

That's one amazing sampler Rowyn! You're stitching it beautifully. And what a beautiful place for a drive!

Siobhán said...

I love seeing the photos of your country! Everything is so pretty. One of my neighbor's sons, an electrician, had a job in NZ and loved it, but came back here (to no job and no prospects for a job...) because of his girlfriend. His mom is thrilled but I think he's crazy! LOL He loved it in NZ.

Lovely progress!

mollycaff said...

I love your sampler, great progress. What a beautiful colour the sky is in your pics, I can only dream of that type of view here in wet, gloomy Wales

RuthB said...

Wow, such pretties... things and places. Congrats on the lovely views -- both inside and outside. :)

Pumpkin said...

You're really coming along nicely with this sampler Rowyn!

Great pictures. TFS :o)

Suzanne said...

I am really loving your sampler. Such beautiful photos of the coastline.