Monday, January 02, 2012

New year ta-dah!

I aimed to finish Fancey Blackett on New Year's Eve, but our guests stayed much later than anticipated. So, instead, I had my first finish of 2012 on New Year's Day.

Fancey Blackett finish (Pineberry Lane)

In 2012 my aim is to 'finish finish' my stitching as I go along. So today DH and I went out and found a suitable frame for Fancey Blackett. I am going to try framing it myself (probably with a little help from my Mum who has framed a few of her own cross stitches). I will let you know how I get on.

The frame Fancey Blackett is going in

The weather has finally cleared up after a few days of rain. Look what I found flowering in my wildflower garden - a pretty little corn flower. It is fun seeing what pops up. It is also fun thinking about what I'll do differently next year.

My first cornflower in my wildflower garden.  So pretty

I hope 2012 is off to a great start for you! I'll be back soon with another finish, as 'Weeds Make Haste' is very close to being done.

21 comments:

Carol said...

I just love Fancey and the dancing squirrels so much, Rowyn--bought it myself this fall, but haven't begun it yet. Finishing as you go is a wonderful goal--I need to work on that with my larger pieces, myself!

Happy New Year!

RuthB said...

Congrats on the finish! I do love Fancey (and her dancing partner).

Happy New Year!

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

The frame you have chosen for Fancey is perfect. It is going to be a beautiful finish finish.

So nice to see the gorgeous blue of the cornflower, brightens up what is a very dark morning in the UK.

gracie said...

Nice finish....and lovely Cornflower.

Gabi said...

What a beautiful design. Great finish. Love the frame too. It's a great way to welcome the new year :)
Happy New Year

Chris said...

Beautiful finish Rowyn!
Happy New Year!

Colleen said...

Congrats on a wonderful Fancey finish. I love the colors used. I'm going to begin 'Weeds Make Haste' as one of my challenge projects.
Happy New Year Rowyn!

pam said...

Really cute finish and the frame is perfect!

Catherine's Sewing Corner said...

Well done on finishing your project. It looks stunning.
x catherine

mainely stitching said...

GREAT job!!!

Melissa said...

Oh I love Fancey dancing with the squirrels. I gotta get this chart! You've done a great job!

Happy New Year, Rowyn!

coonieandplume said...

Happy New Year!

Ranae said...

Congrats! on a wonderful first finish 2012
I love this design and plan on stitching this year
The frame is going to make it look awesome

Pumpkin said...

Woohoo! Congrats Rowyn! Looks great and that's a perfect frame :o)

Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

Great finish! Love those crazy squirrels! Great frame!

Cindy's Stitching said...

What a pretty piece. The flower bright and cheerful in this cold month of Jan.

Cindy's Stitching said...

What a pretty piece. The flower bright and cheerful in this cold month of Jan.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations on the finish Rowyn, it will look wonderful in the frame.

Karoline said...

Fancey is lovely, congratulations

Sharon said...

Wonderful finish! Love it!

Suzanne said...

What a fantastic finish, it looks great! Good luck with the framing, it's something I am going to give a try this year as well.