Monday, January 30, 2012

New stash

I had a little break from my sampler. As soon as I saw this kitty freebie on LynnB's blog I had to get it stitched up. Anyone who knows me, knows I love cats... especially black ones.

Freebie from www.happinessiscrosstitching.blogspot.com

I decided to stitch my cats names on the back to personalise it, and added a little love heart to give it a bit of colour.

I stitched my cats names on the back

Here are the little rascals themselves.

My favourite pics of my kitty crew :-)

The postie was good to me today... I got some new charts! I got Phebe's Forest by the City Stitcher and Snow White Sampler by Willow Hill Samplings. (I just noticed it's called Snow White... I'm sure the designer really meant Sleeping Beauty!!).

New charts

Anyway, I ordered these from Broomfields in Christchurch. I decided to spend some money with them (rather than ordering offshore) since Christchurch businesses need support in the wake of the devastating earthquakes that have continued since September 2010, and rock them on an almost daily basis! The charts arrived wrapped up and tied with a ribbon too, and arrived just a few days after ordering (love it!).

Hope your week is off to a great start!

16 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your tuxedo and your black cats are all lovely, I have a soft spot for them too.
I know what you mean about supporting shops etc - I try to do a similar thing with needlework and with book shops otherwise they will go out of business.

catherine said...

Your cat ornament is beautiful. i have just started this as I finished the Love pillow first. hopefully finish this during the week. have a good week
x catherine

Chris said...

I love this little freebie.
I think it is wonderful how you put all your kitties names on the back! great finishing.
Wonderful new stash too.

Carol said...

As a fellow black cat lover, I love your latest freebie finish, Rowyn. And each of your kitties is adorable :) That is so cute how you stitched each of their names on the back!

Sarah said...

Lovely stitching. . .your cats are so cute! Yay for supporting Broomfields, their shop was always lovely to visit, although I haven't been able to make it to their new one yet

Pumpkin said...

What an adorable fob! How sweet :o)

Nice stash!

valerie said...

Cute finish Rowyn! And the cats are so cute. Lovely charts. That chart looks like Sleeping Beauty but the verse is very Snow White and the Prince had to revive her because of the poison apple. Snow White was lying on her casket when the prince found her. I watched a lot of Disney as a kid.

TammyK said...

Cute kitty ornament :-)

Katrina said...

Very cute ornie Rowyn, your Tess and my Poppy could be twins, lol.
Thanks for the info about Broomfields too, I spent a bit of time browsing their site last night and found a few things to add to my ever increasing wish list!

Michelle said...

Such a cute kitty finish! Your cats a so adorable - great pics! Your new charts are also beautiful.

Nicola said...

Are you goint to stitch Phebes Forest for Phoebe?

I love the finish and how the pink and black show each other off.

Your cats are adorable.

Sally said...

What a sweet finish Rowyn. So cute. Your kitties are gorgeous.

Lovely new stash :)

Brigitte said...

A lovely little finish! And two nice charts. I included Phebe's Forest in my 2012 Crazy Challenge but haven't started it yet.

Siobhán said...

Such a cute finish! Your cats are adorable. Love the new stash, too. Good for you for ordering locally. I try to do that when I can, though of course I can't get stitching stuff here. I do try to buy what I can here, though. It maddens me that it's so much cheaper for me to order books through Amazon UK rather than having the books be ordered here. Anyway, rant over! LOL

Have a good weekend!

Anne said...

Lovely finish Rowyn!! So cute and I like how you personalized it!!

Those charts look like they will be a lot of fun to stitch, and to stalk your blog watching your progress!!!

Suzanne said...

What a cute finish!

Love the new charts, especially Phebe's Forest.

By the way, after watching the movie Snow White a million times with the girls, Snow White goes to sleep after eating a poisoned apple and prince charming wakes her with a kiss.