Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Summer fun

Thanks for all your comments on my last post, and your Christmas wishes. I hope everyone had a lovely day on the 25th.

Here is a PXT that my sister sent me of Phoebe and the ornament I stitched her hung on their tree. I think Phoebe looks pretty pleased with it.

My niece and her Christmas ornament :-)  I think she looks fairly pleased with it!

Summer is in full swing here in New Zealand. We have had about a week of blue sky days and high temperatures. It has been great. It reminds me of the Christmas/summer holidays we used to get when I was a kid.

Rain is forecast though, so we have been out and about making the most of it. On Christmas Eve DH and I went to a local garden tucked away in a pretty valley near where I live and took a leisurely stroll. Not far down the garden path you come to a little bridge with this gorgeous view of the river.

Efil Doog Gardens ~ Akatawara Valley, Upper Hutt

On Boxing Day we did a very Kiwi thing and went to the beach for a picnic and a swim. There is also an old rope swing on some nearby trees so we all relived our childhoods and had a swinging good time!

Kapiti Island from Waikanae Beach

My rabbit Tiggy got an early Christmas present this year - she got a friend! His name is Cola. He is friendly and so soft to the touch. I've had Tiggy since 2008 and have always hummed and hahhed about getting her a friend. But lately even my DH commented that Tiggy seemed bored and lonely (something I had noticed too). Well, that was enough to help me make up my mind 100%. If it doesn't work out (the first two meetings haven't gone well, but Tiggy enjoys having a neighbour) we'll try and find her a more suitable friend.

Cola

I've made quite a bit of progress on Fancey Blackett, and hope to have a finish to share with you in my next post.

Happy holidays!

12 comments:

stitcheranon said...

HI. Wow, wish I could have some of your sun. I foster rabbits for the RSPCA and they always have to be in pairs. I hope you dont mind a little advice. Keep them next to each other for about a week so they can see each other and get used to each other. Then put them in the same carrier and take them for a drive...their instincts to huddle will kick in. When you get back put them in a neutral run (so there is not a dominant scent) and leave them to it, just keep an eye out for serious fighting. One will end up mounting the other...when this happens it means the pecking order has been sorted out and you should be fine. They will need a fair amount of space (RSPCA recommends 25 square feet). Hope you do not mind me adding my bit xxx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Adding new pets to a home can be tricky. Our recent addition has settled in really well now but it can be crucial to get it right to start with. I do so envy you the climate you live in.

Carol said...

Sweet Phoebe looks extremely happy with your wonderful ornament, Rowyn! She'll have quite a lovely collection when she gets older.

A picnic on the beach sounds like a wonderful post-Christmas day--how fun! Here we are bundled up in our homes with cool, gray weather. Thanks for sending us your lovely sunshine-filled photos :)

And how nice that Tiggy has a pal!

Chris said...

Phoebe does look happy!!
Beautiful pics Rowyn! It is always nice to have a holiday that reminds you of when you were a kid :)

Melissa said...

Oh, I love seeing those photos - the sun, the beach, the warmth! If I can't be there, I can at least enjoy your pics!

Phoebe looks very pleased indeed!

I hope the bunny situation works out!

Siobhan said...

Phoebe looks so pleased with the ornament! I can't get over how big she's gotten. She is adorable!

I enjoyed the scenery photos. It's gray and dreary here--how nice to see the sun, even if it's just in photos!

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

Phoebe is so cute. I hope that Tiggy and Cola become friends. I have enjoyed your photos, it's a grey winter's day here. I love seeing photos from around the world.

stitcheranon said...

Thank you so much for your comment...and yes, every single survival story helps better then any dose of physical medicine. Thank you ! xxxxxxx
(And please thank your mum for winning this dance...long may she dance with partners of her choice xxxxxxx)

Suzanne said...

I hope you had a great Christmas and the new year brings good health and fortune.

Great photos! Looks like the new year will finally bring some summer weather for us.

Karoline said...

Cute photo of Pheobe and Cola looks a sweetie.

All best wishes for 2012

Catherine's Sewing Corner said...

you have some lovely things on your blog. I have become your newest follower. happy new year
x catherine

Pumpkin said...

I'd say you got the approval from the girl herself ;o)

What a weird thing to do on Christmas but we didn't have any snow and could have gone to the beach too, although swimming would have been out of the question ;o) LOL!

SO CUTE!!!! I love Cola! Makes me want another bunny...