Saturday, December 10, 2011

A stitchy post (at last!)

First up, I have to show you this lovely gift that Suzanne sent to me. It is Summer Stars by Blackbird Designs. Hasn't she stitched and finished it beautifully? Stitchers truly are some of the kindest people. Thank you again Suzanne!

Summer Stars pincushion by Blackbird Designs

Yikes, how did Christmas get to be a little over two weeks away? Here is my niece's Christmas ornament in progress. I am not sure why, but I am not loving it at all. I'm not sure if it's the colours or the fabric, but whatever it is I keep finding other things to do to avoid stitching on it. However, I will have to crack on so she can have it on her Christmas tree in advance of the 25th!

My niece's Christmas ornament in progress

While avoiding stitching on Santa, Tanya posted her Believe freebie. So I stitched that up in no time at all. I will make that into a tiny little ornament for my Christmas tree. (Thank you Tanya!)

Believe by the Sampler Girl

Lastly, there has been some progress on Fancey Blackett. I might get it finished up over the Christmas holidays, as I am having a couple of weeks off work (can't wait).

Fancey Blackett progress

I hope you are enjoying the run up to Christmas!

15 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I love your pretty gift from Suzanne, what sweet colours and finishing.
I've found the same on the LK Santas - they are so cute and look small and quick, but there is actually a lot of stitching in them. Hope you find the time to get it finished!

Ranae said...

Very neat BBD finish from Suzanne
LK Santa is adorable, it looks like the biggest area's are stitched
I have Fancey kitted, I love the design
Take Care!!!

Theresa said...

What a great gift from Suzanne~~ So cute!!!!
Your WIPs are looking great!!! Love how your stitches just pops out of the fabric~

Kathy A. said...

sweet gift from Suzanne. Love all your pretty stitches!

Daniela said...

Very nice stitching and a very cute gift that you received from Suzanne.

Chris said...

I am sure that you will get the ornament finished and it will be fabulous.
What a sweet gift!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's funny how some designs seem like a good idea till you start them. I still like Fancey Blackett, it's so different.

Carol said...

Such a darling gift from Suzanne... and what a perfect design you're stitching for your niece (is that Phoebe, Rowyn? Haven't had a Phoebe fix in a while!!)...

Oh, I just adore Fancey Blackett--I bought that chart too, but haven't even begun it...It looks like such a fun piece :)

Catherine said...

What a lovely gift from Suzanne! The time is flying this holiday season, isn't it? I'm sure you'll finish your niece's ornament in time!
I really love Fancey Blackett - those squirrels crack me up!

Suzanne said...

I am very pleased that you like the pillow. Nice Christmas stitching and great progress on Fancey.

Sally said...

What a lovely gift from Suzanne. It is so pretty.

Your niece's ornament is coming along nicely. It'll be so sweet when it's done. Nice progress on Fancey Blackett and love Believe!

Siobhan said...

Wonderful progress on your stitching! Your niece's ornament is too cute. I love your Believe, too--I need to get that stitched for my tree.

Beautiful gift from Suzanne!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely gift from Suzanne!

Hope you get that ornament done I find its so easy to get distracted this time of year.

Pumpkin said...

Boy, you have been stitching! Looking good :o)

What a nice, thoughtful gift from Suzanne. The colors are gorgeous.

Karoline said...

Lovely wips, your gift from Suzanne is gorgeous