Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A river runs through it

The great thing about living in New Zealand is that it is not unusual to have some stunning scenery or an entire beach all to yourself.

Tonight was a glorious evening, so I took my camera out when DH and I went for a walk. We wandered alongside the river... we enjoyed the odd assortment of flowers growing wild on the riverbank (daisies, buttercups, sweetpeas, foxgloves, periwinkles), watching the river current swirl in strange directions (helped by this mornings torrential downpour) and throwing rocks in the river to see who could make the biggest splash (some kids never grow up). And the absolute best bit was that we didn't see another soul for the hour or so we were out.

River walk mosaic... I'm a bit obsessed with mosaics!

11 comments:

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

Wow, what beautiful scenery to walk through! And wonderful photography as well :)

Siobhan said...

Beautiful scenery and photos, Rowyn! I'm impressed that you know the names of all the flowers, too. It's nice to see all that color and green when it's dreary and gray here today.

Chris said...

Beautiful pics!
I would love to visit there someday.

Carol said...

I've always heard New Zealand is an amazingly beautiful country and your stunning photos certainly prove that, Rowyn! Looks like you're enjoying a lovely spring over there :)

Denise said...

I sit here and look out my window at bare trees and rain. Then I stop at your blog and see spring/color/flowers. Thank you for reminding be it will look beautiful outside soon.

Hazel said...

Beautiful pictures. My dd says she wants to move to NZ when she grows up. x

Sharon said...

I absolutely love your pics....My grandson and I have a trip to NZ planned for next year....now I can't wait.
Keep the pics coming Rowyn, I so appreciate it.
Sharon

Sally said...

Oh how I wish I could visit NZ as it looks so beautiful and peaceful.

Carol R said...

Great pictures Rowan - thanks for sharing!

Pumpkin said...

Gorgeous photos Rowyn! I'll have to depend on you this winter to keep it bright and cheery ;o)

Suzanne said...

What great photos! It has always been the spectacular scenery that has attracted me to New Zealand. I do hope to visit one day.