Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Finally some progress to show you

Last week I coffee dyed some fabric. I did it with a new start in mind. Can you guess what it is from this photo?...

Fancey Blackett by Pineberry Lane WIP

If you guessed Fancey Blackett by Pineberry Lane, you'd be right!

Fancey Blackett by Pineberry Lane WIP

I really enjoyed the coffee dyeing process, it was a bit of an adventure not quite knowing how it was going to turn out. My DH was quite intrigued as to why I was making a large bowl of coffee and then baking my fabric in the oven. lol He did like the end result though and it's subtly mottled affect.

I haven't quite finished Weeds Make Haste yet, I'll have to tear myself away from Fancey Blackett at some stage to get it done. The chart is in the post to Sally. Hopefully it doesn't take the long way to England, like a recent letter to my Great Aunt in Canterbury - she told me it went via Brunei Darussalam!

Weeds Make Haste by Shakespeares Peddler WIP

So, what are you stitching on this week?

20 comments:

Lizzy said...

Oh, your Fancey Blackett is coming along beautifully, Rowyn ~ Isn't she a lovely, fun stitch? And your coffee dyed fabric turned out beautifully and suits her perfectly ~ I hope to finish her this week~

And I Love your Weeds Make Haste ~ such a gorgeous design and one I am going to have to stitch very soon~~~ Blessings always in stitches...

Theresa said...

I love Fancey Blackett!!!! Your fabric is just perfect!!!!

Weeds Make Haste is such a beautiful piece. Looks like you are almost there.

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

Beautiful peices! Good Job on your coffee dying and your stitching :)

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching really like your design.

Chris said...

Your dyed fabric looks great! So does Fancy. You are going to have 2 finishes soon!

Catherine said...

You did a wonderful job on your fabric! I love Fancy - those squirrels always make me smile!
Weeds looks great too!

Carol said...

I knew that was Fancey right away, Rowyn as I bought the chart myself--don't you just love those dancing squirrels?? I haven't started mine yet--probably will wait until next fall at this point.

Love your Weeds Make Haste!!

Suburban Stitcher said...

i love weeks make haste! it's so lovely...and the grey fabric is particularly perfect for it.

Pumpkin said...

Fantastic progress Rowyn! Love both projects. You did a great job with dyeing your fabric :o)

Vinniey said...

Fancey Blackett is looking great on your hand dyed fabric! Very nice, Rowyn! Weeds Make Haste is beautiful too. You're almost there and you will get it finish soon. :)

pam said...

Isn't dying the fabrics fun. I had a piece that I had started stitching that I wasn't motivated. Frogged dyed the fabric and now moving nicely

Sharon said...

Both look wonderful!

TammyK said...

I like the way your coffee dying turned out. I've tea dyed several times but have never used coffee. You now have me tempted to try it. Your wips are looking great. I'm stitching JE Christmas angels this week.

Lonneke said...

It looks great!
Must have been fun to do.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Fancey Blackett looks great, very light hearted design. The answer to your question is - Not enough!!

Sally said...

Love your start on Fancey Blackett. It looks such a fun piece.

Weeds make Haste is looking so pretty. Chart has not arrived as yet but knowing what the postal system is like I'm not getting worried lol!

valerie said...

Great stitching! Love the progress on Fancey Blackett! Weeds Make Haste looks gorgeous on your linen. I can't wait to see it all finished!

Siobhan said...

Fancey looks fantastic! I just love those designs, they are so fun. Weeds Makes Haste looks great, too!

Suzanne said...

Both pieces are looking great! My husband looked at me quite strangely when I dyed my fabric and was very concerned my fabric would catch fire in the oven.

Solstitches said...

Your Weeds Make Haste is gorgeous and I always smile when I see the Fancey
Blackett piece. Beautiful stitching!
Margaret