Monday, August 22, 2011

Scream Girls

Thanks for all your comments on my posts about recent unusual weather! :-) It is back to normal now, although we still have a little snow lying about in the shadier spots of our garden. Hard to believe now that this time last week we had to abandon our car and walk part way home.

Anyway, I thought I'd pop in with a stitching post (albeit it's a little sparse) so you don't think that has turned into a meterological blog!

Lately I have been in the mood to stitch, but nothing in my stash was calling to me. Do you ever get that annoying feeling? So, I have some stash on order ('Weeds Make Haste' by Shakespeares Peddler and the new 'Santa Claus is coming to town' by Lizzie Kate ~ to stitch for Phoebe for Christmas).

In the meantime I pulled out 'Scream Girls' - a Just Nan design. It shouldn't take long to finish up.

Just Nan's Scream Girls WIP

I hope your week is frog-free! Have a good one.

9 comments:

Gabi said...

If I ever would say I have nothing in my stash to stitch, I think my husband would shoot me...lol. There are quite a few projects kitted up waiting for me and somehow that pile is magically growing.
LOVE your new start. The fabric you chose for it is lovely as well. And it might be a good one also for scaring frogs away.

country stitcher said...

Glad the weather is getting better for you guys!!

I know the feeling about your stash. Somedays you just need something new and fresh.

Great new start

Happy Stitching
Denise

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Oh I know that feeling all too well Rowyn. I think in many ways we have too much choice nowadays. Not that I'm complaining!

Pam said...

The need to start something but nothing in the stash is calling your name, huh? I have had that happen to me. Your start is so cute!!

Kerry said...

I saw on the news that you were getting snow. Here in Ontario, Canada no snow but in a few months we will have lots of it!!!

Kathy A. said...

I LOVE Scream girls!! What a cute stitch.
I can't imagine not having anything to stitch. Want me to send you a few pieces? ROFL.

Pumpkin said...

Very cute stitch! I'm sure you'll have this one done before you know it ;o)

Suzanne said...

This is a very cute piece to stitch!

Charbs and the Bumpy Dog said...

Whenever I get that feeling it is time for a New Start!! :-D

Fabulous photos of the snow, I was enjoying your meterological blog. And there is nothing like being snowed in to step up stitching output. I love being snowed in and have snow envy :-)