Friday, August 12, 2011

Pretty scenery, but no stitching

DH and I have been away for a few days. As so many of you seem to enjoy a few photos of New Zealand now and then, I thought I'd share a mosaic of photos I've taken over the last few days for your viewing pleasure! :-)

We drove north to Taupo (where we stayed) through Tongariro National Park, and spent most of our time in Rotorua (an area with a lot of geothermal activity). We were pretty lucky with the weather, as you can probably tell from the photos.

Taupo, Rotorua and Tongariro National Park

My DH did a bungy jump while we were away. Are there any stitchers out there who have done a bungy? It is not something I could ever do.

This weekend there is a chance of snow again. However, after seeing a lot of sunshine over the past few days I am reminded of what I really prefer!

Thanks for all your comments on my last post. It's always lovely to get comments from readers old and new! Have a lovely weekend.

11 comments:

Chris said...

Beatiful pics Rowyn!
So nice to have some time away :)

Kathy A. said...

Wow, what beautiful scenery. Your gorgeous country is on my bucket list. Until then, I will live vicariously through you lol.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your photos are lovely, glad you've had some sunshine. I love the black swan.

Theresa said...

Beautiful photos!!!! I don't think I could ever do bungy jump...... Scary!!!!!

Kathryn in NZ said...

Yes - I bunji'd when in Queenstown, waaaay back in 1990, to walk the Milford Track.

Carol said...

Breathtaking photos, Rowyn!! Never, ever would I bungy jump--I can't even stand to climb a ladder!!

Brigitte said...

Such beautiful pictures.

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

oh wow, your pictures are stunning. One day I will make it to New Zealand... but I won't be doing a bungy jump when I get there, heck no! :)

Take care, Hannah xx

Pumpkin said...

As always, incredible picture :o)

Rainy Day Crafter said...

Wow, what utterly beautiful pictures!!

And nope, no way I could ever do a bungy jump, lol!

Suzanne said...

Lovely photos! You have a brave hubby, I know mine would never do that, then neither would I.