Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rainy days

I decided to have a break from my Moira Blackburn sampler, and pulled out my Just Nan summer humbug. I hope to get this finished up soon. The weather is supposed to be bad this weekend (and so far it is) so it's perfect stitching weather!

Just Nan summer humbug... getting this one finished up

While I had my camera out Giggsy decided he wanted to say 'Hi', so here he is...

Hey!!

Rainy Day Crafter recently gave me a stylish blogger award. Thanks so much! She's a very talented crafter, into cross stitch, jewellery making and crochet. You should pay her a visit!

As part of the award I have to list 7 things about myself -

1. DH and I bought our first house in 2004. We have moved about a bit and have now finally found 'home' in our fourth house (which is good, because moving is such a hassle!)

2. I work at a law firm, and my DH and I have a flooring business with my BIL, SIL and a friend

3. I was overseas in 2006 and due to come home via the USA, around the time they uncovered the plots to blow up trans-atlantic flights. Needless to say, I was greatly worried... and blimmin' annoyed I couldn't buy duty free perfume because of it. lol

4. I actually have three nephews and two nieces. They are all gorgeous. I don't feature them much (if at all) on my blog as they are all (except Phoebe) in their teens now. I also feature Phoebe a lot less, as I am more concerned about privacy these days

5. The jewellers ruined my new eternity ring when they re-sized it for me (so, sorry - no photo yet Gabi and Siobhan). They are going to replace it with a brand new one

6. I lost 15 kilos with Weight Watchers last year. I have been maintaining this year, but am going to amp it up and try and lose 5 more kilos. I feel the cold a lot more now.

7. I have lots of big dreams - a couple of them are: I want to walk the Tongariro crossing and the Milford Track - which are both areas of extraordinary natural beauty here in New Zealand and I want to see the mountain gorillas in Uganda (how cool would that be!).

The other part of the award is that I have to nominate 15 other bloggers. I love all of the blogs I read, so if you want to list seven things about yourself let me know and I'll come to your blog and read. It's good to know more about the non-stitching side of blogger friends.

Enjoy your weekend!

13 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Pretty little humbug.
Your 7 things were very interesting.

Chris said...

Hellllloooo Giggsy! What a great pic. It makes me smile :)
Nice to know more about you too.
Have a great weekend.

Gabi said...

Beautiful stitching. Love your humbug. Say Hi to Giggsy too. Love that pic.
The jeweler ruined your ring???? That's awful. Hopefully you'll get the replacement soon

butterfly said...

love the pretty humbug, that one is on my todo list.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely photo of kitty saying hello. It's always nice to find out a bit more about the person behind the blog, I think we all enjoy it Rowyn. I know what you mean about privacy though, it's a concern these days.

Rainy Day Crafter said...

Thanks for the kind words Rowyn! :) It was lovely to learn more about you with your seven things! Oh, and what a great photo of Giggsy by the way - too cute! :)

Carol said...

Such a great photo of Giggsy--he really gave me a smile first thing in the morning. Your stitching is so bright and cheery--sure to help you through your winter down there...

Loved "getting to know you better" Rowyn :) Great job on the weight loss--interesting that you feel the cold more now...

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love the flowers., The cat cracked me up. Pets are great arent' they.

Pumpkin said...

This is another of my favorites from JN. Beautiful work Rowyn :o)

LOL! Great picture!

Farm Girl said...

Cute stitching, and very cute cat! He looks like a real sweetie. Hope you're staying warm today!

Karoline said...

Great photo of Giggsy and the humbug is lovely

Siobhan said...

Lovely stitching and an adorable kitty! :) What a great picture! YGG on losing the weight. I've been walking for an hour per day and am as sore as all get out. Hopefully it'll shift some of my whale blubber. ;) I can't believe the jewelers messed up your ring. Yikes!

Pam said...

Your summer humbug is really pretty. So colorful. Perfect for the summer.