Saturday, May 28, 2011

Weekend update

For those curious about the design I'm stitching - (the 'Emma Elizabeth Blackwood' sampler by Carriage House Samplings) it was published in the June 2005 Just Cross Stitch magazine.

The eagle eyed folks out there will notice I've changed the date. I'm going to make this piece a little memorial to my Great Grandmother (whose name was also Elizabeth). 1889 was the year of her birth. Now I just have to chart out her surname and figure out what I'll do with the space leftover at the top.

What is this which you lay before me?  lol.

Right, now I am off to 'finish, finish' my two exhanges. Scarey stuff... means I have to use my sewing machine. lol

Have a great weekend everyone!

16 comments:

Ranae said...

Very pretty WIP from CHS
The kitty is precious

country stitcher said...

Love the Picture! Enjoy the long weekend!
Denise

Chris said...

It looks beautiful Rowyn! What a beautiful memorial.

Melissa said...

That's a very lovely piece, Rowyn. The colours are so pretty and your kitty looks very comfy there!

Lennu said...

What a beautiful photo, Rowyn! Your stitching looks absolutely wonderful and your kitty is so cute :)

Pumpkin said...

What a lovely idea :o)

Love your model! LOL!

Kathy A. said...

I hope that machine is well aware that you are on your way. Have fun and look forward to your finish!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely work Rowyn, your overseer looks very serious!

Lorrie said...

It's great that you are taking the piece and making it your own! Happy Stitching!

Karoline said...

Elizabeth is looking lovely, great progress

Alisa said...

Love your WIP...the cat is guarding it well! :)

Suzanne said...

Love how this piece is coming along.

Siobhan said...

Rowyn, the kitty helping to showcase your stitching is adorable!

I love your Elizabeth. You can't beat Kathy's color sense! What a nice tribute it is.

Gabi said...

What a very beautiful little piece. Love the colors, but also the changed date. What a nice ode to your Great Grandmother.

Beatrice said...

Awww I love that Kitty is looking after your work!!
Sewing can be fun it's the finishing word that doesn't always work for me I don't always have Finish-ative.

Anne said...

Moira Blackburn is lovely! All of the colours are so bright! I'm loving the little squirrel on the left about to climb the tree! Giggsy is adorable doing a good ol' cat stretch!