Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Sew a Brown Bunny

I have now finished Sew a Brown Bunny. What a lovely fun stitch that was!

Sew a brown bunny by iStitch

Over Easter we headed away for a break to Napier. We were very lucky with the weather. We visited historic Napier prison (the only two good bits were Basil the resident cat and being allowed out lol), visited two gardens, took a scenic drive to Te Mata Peak, took a boat/bus ride in an amphibious vehicle, played football on the beach, discovered starfish in the rockpools and generally had a great time with my family.

Napier mosaic

This last weekend we took my nephew to the Zoo. What a wonderful time we had. We managed to get close to lots of animals (which always makes it more fun). Here's a few pics of some of the residents. The sleeping kangaroo was my favourite, along with the meerkat who scratched on the enclosure door like there was no tomorrow because he knew there was a zoo keeper on the other side. lol

Zoo mosaic

Hope you're having a great week!

7 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your country always looks so beautiful. I love that kangaroo!!

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

Congrats on the new finish! It's
a great design and looks like it
was a fun stitch too. Love the
bunny kicking up his heels!

Your photos are all gorgeous!!
The one of the sun set is my
particular favourite, although
the views of the hill country
are spectacular too. Your
Easter break sounds like a good
time all around.

Your zoo pictures are fabulous
too. The MeerKat is so funny
and I love that tiger! We have
a really nice zoo here in
Toronto but I've only been there
a few times since it opened.
Keep meaning to go but never get
around to it. Oh well.

Cheers!

Pumpkin said...

I just adore that finish! I must buy that pattern because it seems that I see it on every second Blog I read ;o) LOL!

Super photos! TFS :o)

Carol said...

What a sweet finish, Rowyn! And those photos of your Easter trip are gorgeous--they could be right out of a travel magazine!

Karoline said...

A lovely finish, congratulations

The photo's of your trip look great=

Siobhan said...

Congrats onthe finish!! Woohoo!

Love the pics of your Easter trip.

Suzanne said...

Love you finish!

Great photos.