Sunday, April 17, 2011

A stitchy post

Thanks to those who left comments for Phoebe and pointing me in the direction of online alphabets. I have now decided on my alphabet and spent some of yesterday afternoon charting it out. I have started stitching the wording yet, but here is how the rest of the sampler is looking so far.

The Queen's Crowns still in progress

I wasn't going to start anything else until I finished up a few things (I'm sure we've all said that before! lol), but I found the perfect piece of linen in my stitching drawers for Sew a Brown Bunny - so made a start on it on Friday night. I am using WDW Havana and DMC 469.

Sew a Brown Bunny by Carol at iStitch in progress

I also thought I would share a photo of my own bunny - Tiggy - which I took last weekend when the weather was stunning. I still remember the lady at Animal Rescue saying to me 'she'll probably only last six months'... and here we are 3 years later!

Tiggy x  My little love bunny

Thanks Ann and Sandra for offering to do an exchange with me. I am looking forward to it, and hopefully it'll crank my general stitching mojo up a notch or two! :-)

13 comments:

Daniela said...

I love the sampler with all the crowns. I can't wait to see more of it.
Your new start is very lovely as well.

Lee said...

I am looking for a small crown to represent a tutor princess any advice?
Bunny is adorable, as are your cats
Meg and giggsy melt my heart everytime I visit your blog.

pam said...

did you put mascara on Tiggy? I have never seen a bunny marked like that. weaterh looks nice too.

Carol said...

I'm glad you were able to find an alphabet that will work with your pretty crown stitching, Rowyn...

Your bunny is so cute--amazing eyes...Just goes to show you what a loving home and good care can do to extend a pet's life... Give her a cuddle for me :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely bunny and lucky too having found such a good home.

Pumpkin said...

Awwwww...Tiggy is SO cute!

Your sampler is just lovely :o)

valerie said...

Your crown sampler is gorgeous! Great new start too. Tiggy is sooooo cute!!

StitchCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karoline said...

The Sampler is looking lovely and Tiggy is very cute

Suzanne said...

Your crown sampler is looking great. Tiggy is very cute!

Farm Girl said...

New starts are irresistible aren't they! Speaking from bitter experience. lol
Tiggy is gorgeous, a very apt photo for Easter coming soon.

Siobhan said...

The sampler is beautiful!!

Tiggy is too cute!

Rainy Day Crafter said...

I've just been looking at your blog for the first time and I love your stitching. I think your Curly Q Ewe is just adorable! And all your pictures are great too - beautiful scenery and incredibly cute pets! :)