Friday, March 11, 2011

Update

Now that summer is starting to fade, I am finding my stitching mojo on the increase. I have picked up Curly Q Ewe and have started working on her for a little bit most evenings. She's coming along slowly but surely.

Curly Q Ewe progress - LHN

Thanks to all those who emailed or left a comment after the recent Christchurch earthquake. It is still very hard to believe such a beautiful city has been devastated and so many people have been killed, injured, displaced and traumatised (my relatives were all OK).

Hundreds of stories have come out of the disaster that bring tears to your eyes for so many different reasons. There have been stories of great sadness but also of courage, bravery, people helping others, foreign assistance and phenomenal amounts of money being fundraised in the wake of the disaster.

You might recall from my last post that the day of the earthquake I had just returned from up north. It didn't seem right to share photos of my holiday at the time, but I have made a little mosaic to share with you now. Hope you like them.

Trip mosaic

(The photos are of Taupo, Orakei Korako geothermal area, Waitomo caves and Tongariro National Park).

Have a great weekend.

17 comments:

Marlene said...

Your photo's are brill, thank you for sharing them with us.

loulee said...

Beautiful scenic photos.

escargopotte said...

beautiful photos !

Bronny said...

I spy a sheepie!
Love the pics - reminds me of my trip to NZ in '83

carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

I'm so happy to learn that your relatives are all okay after that devastating earthquake, Rowyn. It must still be so hard to believe that so much of Christchurch was destroyed or damaged...

Your little sheep piece is charming and, oh, those photos are so gorgeous--what a lovely country you live in!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your Curly Q piece is delightful, I love the colours.

Alisa said...

Fantastic photos! Your Curly Q is lovely...I love her hair!

Catherine said...

So glad to hear that you and yoru relatives are okay.

Curly Q is so cute! And those pictures - stunning!

Pumpkin said...

SO glad to hear that all your relatives are okay Rowyn!

Your piece is looking so adorable :o)

Beautiful pictures!

Pointed Stitcher said...

Summer fading???? I can't wait for summer to get here. Your stitching looks great ;)

StitchCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy A. said...

I am so glad to hear that you and all your family are ok Rowyn. Your vacation photos are stunning.
Sending hugs

mollycaff said...

What fabulous photos, you certainly have some lovely scenery in NZ, made even more beautiful by the gorgeous blue sky in the background, something we don't get to see too much of here in Wales lol

Siobhan said...

Nice progress! Wonderful scenery pics--it looks like such a beautiful place!

Suzanne said...

Nice stitching progress! I am glad to hear that your family is OK, but so sad for the people of Christchurch.

Beautiful photos!

Karoline said...

Curly Q is looking lovely, great progress