Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Queen's Crowns

I thought I would pop in and share some stitching progress. I am working on The Queen's Crowns by Plum Street Samplers. I am going to change it a little and make it into a commemorative sampler for the upcoming wedding of Wills and Kate. I am sure Paulette won't mind since she is a royalist herself! :-)

This is such a fun stitch. Even if I don't get much stitching time in, I still feel a sense of satisfaction because the individual crowns don't take long to stitch.

The Queen's Crowns (Plum Street Samplers) - in progress

On a completely different note, last weekend we went to a hot air balloon festival. It was held on a beautiful, clear night (although a little nippy... autumn is definitely here). It took a while to get going, but wow it was worth it when all the balloons were up and illuminated. So pretty!

I am sure Cathey will spot the huge creme egg on the right and wish (like I do) that creme eggs came in that size! lol

Night Glow ~ Balloons over Wairarapa 2011 ~ Masterton

It's nearly the weekend. I am so glad, it's been a tough week.

15 comments:

StitchCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mainely stitching said...

What a great idea to adapt it for the upcoming Royal Wedding! :)

Alisa said...

I love the crowns and what a great idea to use it to commemorate the upcoming royal wedding! The balloon pic is fantastic...must have been an amazing site. :)

valerie said...

All the little crowns look fantastic. Great idea to commemorate it for the royal wedding. How great to go to a hot air balloon festival! I'd love to go up in one one day.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a lovely photo of hot air balloons. Thanks for dropping in earlier today Rowyn, it was nice to hear from you.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

Your photo of the hot air
balloons all lit up at night
is wonderful. It must have
been quite a sight indeed to
see all of them gathered in
one location and lit up to
show off their colors and
designs.

Your currant project The
Queen's Crowns looks amazing.
All those little wee crowns
are so cute and must be so
much fun to stitch. I think
you've come up with a great
idea in deciding to commemorate
the upcoming royal wedding with
a few changes to this design.

I love your progress on Curly
Q Ewe as well and am thinking
that here is yet another LHN
design that I really must add
to my collection. Pretty
colors, buzzing bees and a
woolly sheep. What's not to
love??

Your holiday photos are just
gorgeous (every one of them).
And not a flake of snow in any
of them....

Sorry, we had a huge dump of
snow here yesterday which is
pretty discouraging since it
was the second full day of
Spring here. I don't want
those hot, humid, sticky days
of summer, but a nice sunny
warm Spring day isn't too much
to ask for...is it?

How's the menagerie doing???

Cheers!

Carol said...

This will be a wonderful commemorative piece for the royal wedding, Rowyn. Isn't it nice how the whole world is so excited about it--nice to have something good to look forward to...

The hot air balloons are wonderful--I do love that Cadbury chick one :)

Lynette said...

Great picture of the hot air balloons! LOL about the cream egg - I love them!!

Pumpkin said...

Great project and I like the idea of how you're going to personalize it :o)

OMG! You're right, I WISH they were that big! LOL!

Kathy A. said...

Pretty, pretty stitches.
Aren't balloon festivals fun - have been to a few. They have one here in early winter.
Sending big hugs (((((((((((hugs))))))

Farm Girl said...

Hi Rowyn, Great to see some more of your lovely stitching, those crowns are fabulous! I've never seen hot air balloons IRL, but one day ...............
Hope this week is a good one for you, take care, Nicky

Suzanne said...

This is a very pretty design, it will make a lovely commemorative piece. The hot air balloon festival looks great.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Making the Crowns into a commemorative piece is a great idea. The balloons look wonderful, I have always wanted to go in a hot air balloon.

Siobhan said...

What a neat idea to adapt that as a commemorative for the royal wedding. I can't wait to watch the wedding on TV!

Kate+IceCream said...

Yay yay yay! I love you progress on the crown piece. I can't wait to stitch it myself!