Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thank you

I have started to receive quite a few emails enquiring if I am OK after the huge earthquake which hit Christchurch yesterday.

I really appreciate the concern, and yes I am fine thank you (I am in the North Island, and Christchurch is in the South Island).

My DH and I had just returned from an awesome few days away celebrating our wedding anniversary, when my SIL showed up and told us the bad news.

We do have some relatives in Christchurch who we have not yet been able to make contact with, and although it is worrying we do understand that there are communication problems and I am sure we will hear from them as soon as they are able.

If you want to do something to help (such as making a donation), I suggest you seek out a charity you trust. There is an article here about charities and scammers.

Thanks again for your concern, it is very touching.

12 comments:

Hazel said...

Glad to hear you are fine. xx

Chris said...

Glad that you are ok. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Carol said...

So relieved to hear from you Rowyn. I was just thinking of you and my other NZ blogging friends this morning as I watched the news coverage... Thank you for the link, too.

Alisa said...

Glad to hear that you are alright and I hope you are able to make contact with your family in Christchurch very soon!

Brigitte said...

Glad to see your post here. And hopefully you will soon get in touch with your relatives.

valerie said...

It's good to hear from you and glad you are ok. I hope you make contact with your family members in Christchurch soon.

Erica said...

So glad you are ok!
I thought about you when the news broke. The pictures on the news are just devastating!
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

Kathy A. said...

I am happy that you and your DH are ok. Happy Anniversary!
I hope that you hear from the rest of your family soon.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

So glad to hear that you are well.
I knew that you didn't live anywhere
near Christchurch but you can't help
but worry anyways.

The pictures of Christchurch
after the devastating quake are
heartbreaking and our thoughts
and prayers are with all of
the residents of that beautiful
city and with New Zealanders
in general.

Take care. Hugs! Judy

Pumpkin said...

That's a relief to hear! I hope your relatives are okay. I will be thinking about you.

Hope you had a nice anniversary :o)

Suzanne said...

We were so devestated to see and hear of the loss of lives and destruction of such a beautiful city. I am glad to hear that you are fine and I hope that your relatives and safe and well.

Siobhan said...

I'm keeping your relatives in my prayers, Rowyn. I'm so glad you are safe.