Friday, January 14, 2011

WIP progress

I have actually made some progress on one of my WIPs. This is so close to finished now... I am going to continue until it is done. I think I started this in 2005... so now is the time to get it finished up. There is actually a smaller design that gets stitched separately beneath Lady Leona, but I want her beautiful face to be the focus of the piece and can picture this framed in a nice silvery frame (with none of the printed fabric showing).

Lady Leona progress

My younger sister has gone bead mad, and has been making necklaces, earrings and bracelets galore. One day last week I popped in for a visit and had a go myself... here's what I put together. A brightly coloured, summery bracelet. I really enjoyed making it.

My first jewellery creation

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

9 comments:

Vicky said...

Love the beady finish and your stitching :)

Pumpkin said...

She's stunning Rowyn!

Great job on the bracelet :o)

Carol said...

I'm so glad you're finishing this lovely lady--she really is a beauty! I'll be that hasn't been the easiest piece to stitch with so many similar colors, has it?

Cute bracelet, too :) Have a wonderful weekend, Rowyn!

Meadows08 said...

The ladies face is super pretty! You should have a huge happy dance when you've finished her up!!!

Cute bracelet.

StitchCat said...

Awesome cross stitch Rowyn, theres a lot of work been put into that. Love the bracelet too.

mollycaff said...

Lovely stitching! Cute bracelet, very colourful.

Blu said...

What a gorgeous finish! She has such a sweet expression.

Suzanne said...

What a pretty bracelet!

Pointed Stitcher said...

Lady Leona is beautiful.