Friday, January 07, 2011

UFO sightings

Nicky posted on her blog recently that she had 30 WIPs. This inspired me to have a tidy up and see just how many UFOs (I couldn't call mine WIPs since many haven't seen the light of day for years) I had hiding around the place. I was pleasantly surprised to only find 10!

They are -
* Lady Leona - Dimensions
* Damask Roses - Mirabilia
* Woodland Santa - The Prairie Schooler
* Dance by the Light of the Moon - The Stitcher's Habit
* Frost on the Pumpkins - Just Nan
* Live Simply - Papillon Creations
* Sparkling Shamrocks - The Sweetheart Tree
* Curly Q Ewe - Little House Needleworks
* Growing Like a Tree - Moira Blackburn
* Paddy the Wanderer - Strand

I don't have as many unfinished projects as I thought :-)

Damask Roses ~ Mirabilia

If I really put my mind to it, I could probably get many of these finished up in 2011. Frost on the Pumpkins only needs the beads sewn on (crazy, you'd think I'd just get it done!).

I do have one problem that maybe someone out there could help me out with. My Live Simply by Papillon Creations cannot be finished because I cannot locate any 'Antique Red' thread by Victorian Motto Sampler. I check their Ebay store now and then but haven't come across any listed for sale to date. Also, I put out a request on my blog some time ago and someone kindly offered but the thread never materialised. So if anyone has some they don't mind parting with, I could pay you by Paypal or send some threads and a wee gift in return. I would be very grateful.

Nicky also reminded me about my unfinished finishes pile (you know, the 90 or so I have that need to be framed or made into something)... I guess I could easily spend 2011 not buying any new stuff and working on this mountain too. lol

Have a great weekend.

17 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Gee, that's not that bad! You're so close to getting some of those done too!

Kathy A. said...

Wow, that's not bad for a WIP pile at all Rowyn. One advantage to not being at home right now - I can't possibly even find my UFO pile ROFL.

Farm Girl said...

Oh no - at least all my WIP's have motivated someone else to check they don't have that many too. LOL
Sounds like you were expecting to find a few more than 10......good luck with yours Rowyn!

KarenV said...

10 isn't too bad and certainly a couple of them are near a finish - I'm sure you'll get them done.

Hazel said...

Have you tried requesting soem from Nancy herself. She is very good and will get back to you prompt! Lovely UFOs. I have done the Live Simply and also Growing like a Tree. x

Brigitte said...

Love your UFOs. And that Moira Blackburn piece is totally beautiful.

Nicola said...

I daren't count my UFO's up! (LOL) I know I have one that just needs the backstitching doing and it's been that way for a couple of years now, but I hate backstitch so I guess that's why I put it off, silly really as I don't suppose it would take me long once I put my mind to it. Good luck with all your UFO stitching, I look forward to lots of HD's from you this year!

Chris said...

Rowyn,
These are some beautiful pieces. I think that many could be finished up too. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Rhona said...

10 UFO's really isn't too bad! Just think how good you will feel when you finish them. Good luck!

Shelley said...

There are some beautiful UFO's in that collection! :)

Maggie said...

10 WIP's is not too bad, and some of them look near completion, hope you manage to get some finished this year.

Can't help with the tread i'm afraid, i hope you manage to find some.

Maggie said...

10 WIP's is not too bad, and some of them look near completion, hope you manage to get some finished this year.

Can't help with the tread i'm afraid, i hope you manage to find some.

Ann in Scotland. said...

I particularly like the PS design and the Moira Blackburn sampler. They all look good, though.

shakatak66 said...

Some great WIPs there - and it's true many wouldn't take much to get finished - look forward to seeing some of these see the light of day again :)

Siobhan said...

Not a big pile of UFOs/WIPs at all, Rowyn, and such beautiful projects!

Sorry I can't help on the thread but I'll keep you in mind if I hear/see any! I have never used that thread.

Suzanne said...

That's not too bad a list. You have some beautiful projects. I was also inspired by Nicky to list out all my WIPs and have added them to their own page on my blog. The list is very shameful and I am sure that I have missed a few.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Ten is not a bad number of wips to have. Mine are listed on my blog and there are about twenty.