Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Happy new year

I hope 2011 has got off to a good start for you all.

I currently have two projects on the go. The first one is the Spring Frills Just Nan humbug. I love the bright colours in this piece.

Spring Fling - Just Nan humbug WIP

I also started Tending the Blooms by Shepherds Bush, which Cheryl kindly sent me for our Christmas exchange. Unfortunately, the frogs have visited and I need to remove the flower (which is one stitch too far to the right) if I want to stitch the bands and have it all even up. Naughty frogs!

Tending the Blooms - Shepherds Bush WIP

When I haven't been stitching over the break, DH and I have been out gallavanting - mostly to the coast. We are lucky in that we are close to lots of beaches. We even paddled about in the water on Sunday - the water was very refreshing. We didn't want to leave but eventually had to force ourselves as we had a BBQ to go to.

Wainuiomata Beach

I took this photo of Petal yesterday, so thought I would share (since I think it's rather cute). My pets don't feature as much on my blog as they used to, so I'll have to remedy that from time to time.

Are you still here Mum?

I see on blogs I have been reading that many of you are back at work tomorrow. Isn't it always hard going back after a break? I'll have that chore next Monday morning - so I can commiserate! :-) My DH goes back tomorrow too (but he's his own boss, so it's his own silly fault. lol).

Have a great week!

16 comments:

Meadows08 said...

Love the Just Nan, I'm stitching one of hers right now too. Tons of colour changes!!! Sounds like you've been having a lovely holiday.

Carol said...

Beautiful new projects, Rowyn--they both look so summery and nice! And that beach scene--just gorgeous (as is Miss Petal!).

Hope your new year is off to a wonderful start :)

Blu said...

The Humbug is so pretty!
I hope the frogs get lost and stay lost!

Kath said...

Happy New Year Rowan

Loved your stitching and dont worry about that frog, I am sure you will sort it out.

Are you on the southern coast as your beach scene or around to the east a little? Great beaches that way.

KarenV said...

Great new projects! I love the SB piece, the colours are really pretty.

Love your kitty - I need to post more of my two this year too.

Nicola said...

Both projects are looking good Rowyn. I love the bright colours on the JN humbug.

Kathy A. said...

Love your new stitches. Perhaps those frogs would like a trip to the beach and into the water LOL.

Ann in Scotland. said...

Very pretty SB piece, I love their designs and find them very therapeutic to stitch. Nice to see Miss Petal, I like black cats - a lot!

Andrea said...

Wonderful projects.

shakatak66 said...

Gorgeous WIPs - and great to see a kitty face ;)

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year Rowyn! Glad you're enjoying the SB kit (despite the frogs)
Love looking at your beach picture as i sit here bored at work

mollycaff said...

Shame about the frogs, but both projects look great, the colours are just lovely. I think we definitely do need to see more of your pets lol

Ranae said...

You have such a fabulous blog, how did I miss it?!! lol
I had fun browsing and will be back

Two lovely designs by two awesome desighers

Pumpkin said...

Oh, I LOVE this JN pattern!!!!

Sorry about the frog :o( I'd say it was because it was summer over there but there's been one here too so I guess that's not the case. LOL!

Suzanne said...

Nice new starts to the year. Shame about those frogs, but don't send them my way please!

Aussie Stitcher said...

I hope you can get those pesky frogs to take a hike. Nan uses wonderful colors in her pieces. Petal is a cutey.