Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Not one, but two finishes (my mojo is in full swing!)

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. Hard to believe it has been and gone already.

Today I was up early as I was supposed to be off to the zoo to have a close encounter with their Red Pandas. However, the weather is so frightful it has been put off for several weeks. The rain has been torrential overnight and the winds are so strong about 10 minutes ago we saw our outdoor table and chairs go sliding across our deck towards the edge (so we had to coat up and go move it all, lucky us!). Today is without doubt going to be a stitchy/movie/internet/lazy day!

You may recall that before I started on my Christmas ornament frenzy I was stitching Just Nan's Summer humbug. Well the night before last I got all the stitching and beading finished up. I wish you could see just how pretty this really is, the photo is gloomy because of the weather. Hopefully when I 'finish finish' it, the sun will be shining again and I'll get a better pic.

Summer humbug ~ Just Nan

My other finish is My Everything by The Sampler Girl. Tania was recently having a special, and I ordered the e-chart for US$1 (NZ$1.40). I have wanted to stitch this chart for ages and the deal was too good to pass up. It was a quick fun stitch.

My Everything ~ The Sampler Girl

Phoebe seemed to have a wonderful Christmas (apart from when she fell off my deck and hit her mouth on her new trike which my parents had given her). As well as all her new toys she also had fun playing with my nephew (on my DH's side) and enjoyed getting her hands wet in our water feature.

Phoebe playing with the water feature

I hope you are all enjoying the rest of your holidays.

23 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely finishes! I stitched the Sampler girl one too. Happy Christmas. xx

Deanne J said...

Great finishes

Kathryn in NZ said...

Lovely! The colours are beautiful. I always suspected that work got in the way of stitching...go you!

Cindy's Stitching said...

what pretty pieces. The butterflies are so pretty.

Kathy A. said...

Those are indeed two very lovely finishes. I love the colors in your Just Nan. Those needles have been smoking!

An itch to cross stitch.. said...

Summer humbug is very pretty, those colours are gorgeous.
Phoebe is very cute too! Great photo.

valerie said...

Beautiful finishes!

Cheryl said...

Such pretty stitching!
Cant believe how grown up Phoebe is already

Michelle said...

Love your My Everything in blue! I loved stitching that one!

Ann in Scotland. said...

What a pretty stitch, I love the details. I hope little Phoebe is okay, she's a cutie.

Katrina in NZ said...

Both of your finishes are lovely Rowyn :) Your niece is such a cutie pie!

StitchCat said...

Awesome finishes Rowyn :)

Bonnie said...

I love your JUst Nan Humbug. The colors are so fun.

TammyK said...

Awesome finishes :) Phoebe is a little doll!

Carol said...

It always amazes me how much work goes into Christmas and then it is over so quickly! Glad you enjoyed your holiday, Rowyn :)

Your humbug colors are just luscious and I love the saying on your Sampler Girl piece! I'm so relieved little Phoebe wasn't seriously hurt during her fall. She is as darling as ever.

Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy 2011!

Kath said...

Great finshes Rowyn, The Just Nan piece is lovely.

Pheobe is a bit of a cutie too.

Suzanne said...

Lovely finishes!

Siobhan said...

Fantastic finishes, Rowyn! I'm glad to hear that the mojo has returned. :) Phoebe is as adorable as ever!

Happy new year!

Nelli said...

Wonderful!

Sharon said...

Your finishes are gorgeous!

Von said...

Happy New Year, Rowyn!! :)

Ann in Scotland. said...

Happy New Year wishes from Scotland Rowyn.

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful finishes Rowyn. I can't wait to see the humbug complete :o)

Poor Phoebe :o( I hope she's alright.