Thursday, December 16, 2010

A night of finishing

The night before last I got my sewing machine out and decided to 'finish finish' a few Christmas ornaments.

The first one came out a bit wonky.

An ornament I made... it's a bit wonky!

Next up I finished Phoebe's ornament. This came out very much to my liking. I was happy with the sewing, the corners and the overall appearance. Phoebe seemed interested too for a bit. I asked her if she was taking it home to put on her tree and she said 'Yes'! :-) When I left today she blew me a wee kiss too. So sweet!

Phoebe's ornament.  I am extra proud of this one... it came out to my liking!  Phoebe seemed interested too... for a few minutes at least :-)

Then I had a few problems with my sewing machine. I got thread stuck under the 'teeth' of it. Heck... I didn't know what to do, I'm a novice! I managed to get it out but it was still making funny noises, so I just got some scrap fabric and sewed lines for a bit and that seemed to fix it. lol

So I managed to get this one sewn up as well! I am fairly pleased with this one also.

An ornament I made... it turned out a bit better!

I then hand stitched my recent Noel finish. I love how this one looks. It really stands out on the tree.

An ornament I made, I am very pleased with this one

I might try and finish finish a few more of my cross stitches over the Christmas break. I am going to be off work for just over two weeks, and I can't wait! Roll on next Thursday which is my last day of work before the holidays.

Hope you're all having a great week!

10 comments:

Chris said...

They look great Rowyn :0

Cheryl said...

Lovely ornies. Your finishing looks great to me!! I have pieces from last Christmas i still havent finished finished. I just dont enjoy it as much as stitching

Catherine said...

They are all so cute - great job!

Cindy's Stitching said...

they are so pretty.

Maggie said...

Great finishes:-)
I always struggle with my sewing machine, so i have been hand sewing my LHN ornaments, they ocme out just as well.

Enjoy your christmas break, i too break up next Thursday and don't go back until 4th Jan...Yippeeee can't wait :-)

Have fun x

Meadows08 said...

Great finishes! I find if my sewing machine is giving me issues I rethread it and that seems to help.

Pumpkin said...

Look at you go! Well done :o) Don't worry about a temperamental sewing machine. I know mine does the same thing from time to time. LOL!

Farm Girl said...

Beautiful finishing Rowyn, The kitty one for Phoebe is adorable.

Shannon said...

LOVE the little kitty ornament!

Karoline said...

Lovely ornaments, great finishing