Saturday, December 04, 2010

Exchange for Chris

I see that Chris has received the ornament I stitched for her in our Christmas exchange, so I can now share it with you.

It is La D Da's 'Tis Green' - only in red ;-) - from the JCS preview issue (if I remember correctly). I added a little bell to the bottom to make it a little more Christmassy.

For Chris in the USA

I am no great finisher, but my ever supportive DH has been cheering me on saying everyone has to start somewhere!

While many of you have been experiencing a harsh start to winter, down here in New Zealand we are experiencing a very early summer. I don't know if it is going to continue this way all summer, but we are making the most of it! Today we have been out and about and Wellington Harbour was looking rather stunning, so I thought I'd share a photo.

You can't beat Wellington on a good day!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

9 comments:

valerie said...

Lovely ornie Rowyn! I like the addition of the bell. I'm not a very good finisher either but it's true that you have to start somewhere and you gradually get better. Enjoy your nice weather!

Hazel said...

I think your finishing is fantastic. Lovely ornie. Beautiful pics. Wish I was there. x

Chris said...

Rowyn,
Your finishing is great!
I can't believe how beautiful Wellington is!

Chris

Shari said...

beautiful finish! I love it...you did great!!!
Oh, to have that warm weather. Yes, our cold & snow seem more Christmas-like, but I do not do well in the cold!

Carol said...

I'm sure Chris is just loving the ornament you sent her, Rowyn. You really did a wonderful job on it!

Oh, keep sending us those photos of warmth and sunshine--on a 23 degree day like we have here today (that is -5 degrees Celsius!), we need them to keep us warm (at least mentally!)...

Cheryl said...

I seen that picture on your facebook. Beautiful. How id love to be there!
Your ornie looks great to me!

Pumpkin said...

You did a terrific job Rowyn!

NZ is such a gorgeous place. I'd love to visit there someday :o)

Ann in Scotland. said...

Oh, I am so envious - I would rather have blue skies and sea than snow, snow and snow.
I'm not great at finishing either - I envy people who are. It's my least favourite part of the creative process, whether I'm knitting or stitching. Enjoy your lovely weather.

Christine said...

Your ornament turned out beautifully (both the stitching and the finishing)! I like the bell that you added to it.