Thursday, December 09, 2010

An exchange, a finish and some new stash

I got three pieces of mail yesterday. I haven't had that much mail in one day in ages! What fun.

First up I got a lovely Christmas card from Ann in Scotland. Thanks Ann! I hope you are thawing out over there :-)

Then there was a squishy package from Katrina for our Christmas exchange. Talk about spoilt! I received this lovely mitten ornament. It's a combination of cross stitch, felting and a little beaded hanger. Exquisite! My photo doesn't do it justice at all. I also received some Christmas fabric, a Christmas chart and some DMC 115 (perfect for Christmas stitching!). Thanks again Katrina!

I dropped my parcel for Katrina off at the Post Office today so that should be with her shortly (since she is not too far north of here).

Exchange from Katrina

The other squishy package was some stash I ordered from the USA. It is The Queen's Crowns by Plum Street Samplers and the crown needleminder from Kelmscott Designs. I have been a royalist since I was about 7 years old, and despite other memorabilia I haven't ever stitched anything with a royal connection. But I will be soon with my lovely new chart. Is anyone else looking forward to the royal wedding next year? I sure am!

New stash arrived today

I also finished up my version of First Snow by the Drawn Thread. You can find the chart here along with lots of other lovely freebies.

First Snow by the Drawn Thread

Now that I have finished my commitment stitching, I need to choose a design to make my little niece Phoebe a Christmas ornament. Last year I stitched her Blitzen Glistens, but I'm having difficulty finding something I like as much for her second Christmas. I had better hurry up... Christmas is getting verrrry close! Are you ready for it!?

Thanks for reading and your comments! :-)

6 comments:

Chris said...

Lots of good stuff Rowyn! I love the ornament that you received.

Kate+IceCream said...

That crown sampler is on my wish list too! I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

Cindy's Stitching said...

what nice goodies. The mittens are so cute.

valerie said...

What a beautiful ornament you received! I just love that little mitten. The ornie you stitched up looks wonderful!

Pumpkin said...

Lovely goodies!

Ohhhh, nice finish :o) Will you make it into an ornament?

Brigitte said...

There's such a liot of eye-candy to be seen in your last posts. Wonderful exchnage gifts and all the sceneryx. And summer, sigh. I'd love to be there, away from all the snow over here ...